The Student Room Group

Dentistry Plymouth 2021 entry BDS

Hello :smile:

I'm making this thread for those who have applied to Peninsula Dental School (Plymouth) for 2021 entry. And yes, I'm aware it is quite late in the application cycle but I haven't found any threads specifically for Plymouth applicants yet - so here it is!

Q: Where else has everybody applied? We might have some options in common!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chibibotto
Hello :smile:

I'm making this thread for those who have applied to Peninsula Dental School (Plymouth) for 2021 entry. And yes, I'm aware it is quite late in the application cycle but I haven't found any threads specifically for Plymouth applicants yet - so here it is!

Q: Where else has everybody applied? We might have some options in common!

I have firmed Plymouth for dentistry
Reply 2
Anyone have information about accommodations?
Original post by Neda0121
Anyone have information about accommodations?

I was looking at private student halls as Plymouth’s university student halls didn’t have good reviews. I was looking at Astor house and beckley point. Let me know what you think and are considering
Reply 4
Original post by ramalik01
I was looking at private student halls as Plymouth’s university student halls didn’t have good reviews. I was looking at Astor house and beckley point. Let me know what you think and are considering

Ah okay I’m going to take a look at them! I don’t know anything about the accommodations or locations at all so I was looking for guidance. Hopefully the unis give us some information
Ah okay I’m going to take a look at them! I don’t know anything about the accommodations or locations at all so I was looking for guidance. Hopefully the unis give us some information

Did you firm Plymouth for dentistry?
Reply 6
Original post by ramalik01
Did you firm Plymouth for dentistry?

Yeahhh hopefully everything works out
Original post by 09kbadiani
I have an offer to start dentistry at Plymouth this September. Are there any other ppl starting ?

Hi I have an offer aswell
Reply 8
Any dental students considering Beckley point?
Reply 9

Hey i’m considering it. Just wondering if anyone else has booked their accom yet?
Original post by Aneesa02
Hey i’m considering it. Just wondering if anyone else has booked their accom yet?

Astor house

I haven’t yet although it seems to be quite close to Portland square which is where we would be based first year I believe
I haven’t yet although it seems to be quite close to Portland square which is where we would be based first year I believe

Yeah I spoke to a student who said first year youre just on campus with everyone else mainly. Right now beckley point is probably my first choice
Yeah I spoke to a student who said first year youre just on campus with everyone else mainly. Right now beckley point is probably my first choice

Awesome! What were your alternatives if you don’t mind me asking? :smile:
Awesome! What were your alternatives if you don’t mind me asking? :smile:

I only really looked at astor house and st thomas. I thought id try find out where other dental students are booking theirs to make it a bit easier. And the student halls dont seem to be good value for money

Yep I'm considering beckley point too, just not sure how to decide what flat to choose!
Has anyone received the non-academic requirements for dentistry yet?
Original post by Tom.2302
Yep I'm considering beckley point too, just not sure how to decide what flat to choose!

I think if you want a 43 week accommodation which Is what I got, the two options are a classic en-suite and a premium en-suite and the only difference is that with the premium rooms you’re on a higher floor. I just got a classic room because the room was slightly bigger hope that helps a little :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi could I ask what ucat score you guys got?
What was everybody’s ucat score that got an offer from Plymouth ?

Quick Reply

Latest