The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Hi does anyone know how far the accommodation sites are from the study centre? Thanks
Sorry few other questions
- What other costs are there at bms ie, lab coat, stethoscope books etc??
- for the accommodation costs how many weeks is the contract for medicine as can't find anywhere but know aru is 42 weeks?
- are there car parks you can use?

Thanks x
Reply 62
Original post by Mummedic
Hi does anyone know how far the accommodation sites are from the study centre? Thanks

Hi I believe the 3 accommodation sites are all less then a 15minute walk away with the Lewis court ones being slightly closer
Original post by Mummedic
Sorry few other questions
- What other costs are there at bms ie, lab coat, stethoscope books etc??
- for the accommodation costs how many weeks is the contract for medicine as can't find anywhere but know aru is 42 weeks?
- are there car parks you can use?

Thanks x

Hi :smile: We only have a few practicals, so lab coats are provided, as well as the gowns for dissections/prosections. During freshers fair we each got a discount voucher for our stethoscopes, so I don't remember the exact pricing but I think it was somewhere around 70 pounds with your name engraved on it. There's also a medsoc membership fee of 50 pounds, but other than that there aren't really any other costs - buying books is discouraged as they can usually be found in the library and they're also quite expensive. The contract for housing is based on the term time, so yes it's around 42 weeks, although there may be a 51/52 week option as well. There are car parks, but I'm not sure what the ruling is in terms of students using them during term time. Hope this helps!
Reply 64
Hi guys, have you applied for student finance? if so which uni did you put? Brighton or Sussex? Thank you!
Reply 65
Original post by Giggi12
Hi guys, have you applied for student finance? if so which uni did you put? Brighton or Sussex? Thank you!

I was literally gonna ask this same question lol I couldn't figure out which one to put
Original post by Giggi12

When I had applied I had put Brighton uni, which should still be the same
Reply 67
Original post by Turkan99

Thanks, will put that now :smile:
Original post by Butene

Hi :smile: We only have a few practicals, so lab coats are provided, as well as the gowns for dissections/prosections. During freshers fair we each got a discount voucher for our stethoscopes, so I don't remember the exact pricing but I think it was somewhere around 70 pounds with your name engraved on it. There's also a medsoc membership fee of 50 pounds, but other than that there aren't really any other costs - buying books is discouraged as they can usually be found in the library and they're also quite expensive. The contract for housing is based on the term time, so yes it's around 42 weeks, although there may be a 51/52 week option as well. There are car parks, but I'm not sure what the ruling is in terms of students using them during term time. Hope this helps!

Hi, are the stethoscopes sold at the freshers fair? And does this discount voucher count for any stethoscope bought e.g online or only the ones sold at the fair?
Reply 69

thank you!
Reply 70
Original post by Butene

same haha
Reply 71
Original post by Giggi12
same haha

I'm trying to decide so hard whether to get accommodation or live at home on my application since I'm an hour away but got no clue if they're doing in class lessons reguarly, if not might as well just live at home and come in when I need to.
Original post by studyAngelx
Hi, are the stethoscopes sold at the freshers fair? And does this discount voucher count for any stethoscope bought e.g online or only the ones sold at the fair?

Hi, no the stethoscopes are sold online from a website and we were provided with vouchers at the freshers fair (it was 20% off or something like that), so make sure that you don't buy it before you receive the voucher :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Butene
I'm trying to decide so hard whether to get accommodation or live at home on my application since I'm an hour away but got no clue if they're doing in class lessons reguarly, if not might as well just live at home and come in when I need to.

I live in the midlands so I’m deffo having to get accommodations. I think you have regular classes but I’m not entirely sure. You could ask your student ambassador?

Thanks so much that's really helpful x
Hi, no the stethoscopes are sold online from a website and we were provided with vouchers at the freshers fair (it was 20% off or something like that), so make sure that you don't buy it before you receive the voucher :smile:

Thanks loads xx
Reply 76
Just emailed the admissions team and they said Brighton for the finance xx

Thank you!
Does anyone know if we’re allowed to apply to other accommodation options as our first choice rather than the three options the medics get? They others look nicer for the same price 🥴
Original post by Chicken495
Does anyone know if we’re allowed to apply to other accommodation options as our first choice rather than the three options the medics get? They others look nicer for the same price 🥴

Unfortunately no, medics can only choose between those 3 options for some reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending