The Student Room Group

I have social anxiety, can I still be an actress?

I want to start taking acting lessons...
When I was younger, I was pretty extroverted and liked to perform and was creative, social and good at it.

Now I have social anxiety, and im anxious, sensetive, introverted, shy, quiet... I wanna take acting lessons and possible be an actor, will it be possible? Or should I just give up and not get my hopes up?
OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!
There are so many famous people with anxiety, and they didn’t let it overtake them and their dream. Ariana Grande, Hugh Grant, Ryan Reynolds and so many other famous people have it.
Also, acting will help with your social anxiety. Acting and auditioning can be some of the most therapeutic elements of an anxious actors life.
You got this, you can be an actor and do not give up because of anxiety !!
(edited 3 years ago)
YES if you are beautiful
Nope you don’t have to be beautiful in order to be an actress. There’s so many beautiful plus size actors and actresses. tbh everyone is beautiful:smile:
Original post by Shy oreo
Nope you don’t have to be beautiful in order to be an actress. There’s so many beautiful plus size actors and actresses. tbh everyone is beautiful:smile:

Only some people are beautiful like Kylie Jenner or Jennifer Lawrence or Ariana Grande
Original post by TRUMP 2024-
Only some people are beautiful like Kylie Jenner or Jennifer Lawrence or Ariana Grande

who let u talk
Course you can do it!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!! I have high-functioning anxiety and severe stage anxiety and I'm still a musician performing every week! You need to get the coping techniques, like me, and you'll get through ANYTHING!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you on the West End 5yrs time!!!!
Original post by zaina.aa
who let u talk

What? Most singers or models or actresses or Instagram models are beautiful

oh dear here comes the troll

yea ok but there are many actresses who don't fit 'beauty standards' too
YES if you are beautiful

oh um well I don't know if I am that beautiful but from your username idc what you say
Original post by x_anonymous_x
Aw thank you haha My name is Sophie Ann Vale :smile:

DEFINITELY going to see you on stage. That's such a pretty name!! Mine's boring :s-smilie:
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
DEFINITELY going to see you on stage. That's such a pretty name!! Mine's boring :s-smilie:

Aww thank you so much hehe :smile: I bet its not I love the name Hannah
Aww thank you so much hehe :smile: I bet its not I love the name Hannah

Awh thank you! My surname is a reference in the Bible so... do with that if you will ahahhaha :biggrin:
Awh thank you! My surname is a reference in the Bible so... do with that if you will ahahhaha :biggrin:

Aww that's a really nice surname if your religious even if your not still :h:
Aww that's a really nice surname if your religious even if your not still :h:

I'm not (even though I go to a religious school :s-smilie:) but it's Eden so it's quite nice, I wish I had a more memorable name though
I'm not (even though I go to a religious school :s-smilie:) but it's Eden so it's quite nice, I wish I had a more memorable name though

Same there was this girl In my class called Weatherashe Golden Flower I was so jelous
Same there was this girl In my class called Weatherashe Golden Flower I was so jelous

Wow :redface: I've never met anyone with a memorable name like that :frown: I'd love that name though
Reply 18
Thats for you to decide. Some people with social anxiety would struggle to get up on stage as they dont like being at the center of attention like that, others thrive in that sort of environment. And assuming you're still relatively young, you have many years to work on it and gain a bit of confidence.
I dont see why it would be impossible if you put your mind to it.

Quick Reply

Latest