The Student Room Group

Anxiety

Hi, I’m 19 & wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Don’t really know what to say tbh tho. I’m not a doctor ik but I feel like I’ve had some sort of anxiety disorder since about the age of 15 (my mum has anxiety/depression btw not sure if she has anything else).
I’ve learned to deal w it and I’m not even sure if I have it for definite anyway but it’s just a gut feeling. The second thing that I feel (no way saying for definite just trying to air what I feel it could be) I could have is mild agoraphobia. I’ve felt this way about this one for idk say at least a year or so but there’s quite a few anxiety disorders so it could all just boil down to social anxiety or even just generalized anxiety. In terms of agoraphobia, I feel scared when I leave the house, and I feel like on edge constantly and slightly numb/dissociative, and it’s jsut sad as I shouldn’t feel like this when going for a simple walk... (I feel a lot less anxious just to add when with someone tho).
I’m a 2nd year uni student & there are things I do/don’t do which could be contributing to my anxious feelings tho (drinking lots of coffee, not exercising, & not getting out the house enough). Has anyone experienced this before? I feel like I need to voice my worries to a doctor but I just dont know if I should, & even if I should I just feel scared/embarrassed.
Thanks for reading x
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m 19 & wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Don’t really know what to say tbh tho. I’m not a doctor ik but I feel like I’ve had some sort of anxiety disorder since about the age of 15 (my mum has anxiety/depression btw not sure if she has anything else).
I’ve learned to deal w it and I’m not even sure if I have it for definite anyway but it’s just a gut feeling. The second thing that I feel (no way saying for definite just trying to air what I feel it could be) I could have is mild agoraphobia. I’ve felt this way about this one for idk say at least a year or so but there’s quite a few anxiety disorders so it could all just boil down to social anxiety or even just generalized anxiety. In terms of agoraphobia, I feel scared when I leave the house, and I feel like on edge constantly and slightly numb/dissociative, and it’s jsut sad as I shouldn’t feel like this when going for a simple walk... (I feel a lot less anxious just to add when with someone tho).
I’m a 2nd year uni student & there are things I do/don’t do which could be contributing to my anxious feelings tho (drinking lots of coffee, not exercising, & not getting out the house enough). Has anyone experienced this before? I feel like I need to voice my worries to a doctor but I just dont know if I should, & even if I should I just feel scared/embarrassed.
Thanks for reading x

Hi, your comment does indicate some mental imbalance. I am no medical professional so don't take my words to be 100% accurate but couldn't it just be a case of perhaps overworking and lockdown depression? I think you should seek to spend some more time with family, friends or anyone out there who makes you comfortable. As a religious individual, I would also say you should read into different religions and hopefully find the truth- a philosophy to live your life by

Quick Reply

Latest