The Student Room Group

Sky Legal Training Contract - Forum

Hi all!

I've been trawling through TSR with hopes of finding a forum for Sky's Legal Training Scheme, but have found no luck.

Has anyone applied for this?

I note that the deadline for applications is 11th April but it would be good to discuss the process with fellow applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melobird
Hi all!

I've been trawling through TSR with hopes of finding a forum for Sky's Legal Training Scheme, but have found no luck.

Has anyone applied for this?

I note that the deadline for applications is 11th April but it would be good to discuss the process with fellow applicants.

Hey! I don't think many people know about it. I'm probably going to apply for it. Very difficult as I've never tried to appeal to a company before! I reckon it's an amazing opportunity though!

How far have you got with it?
Reply 2
Original post by Ebsorohan
Hey! I don't think many people know about it. I'm probably going to apply for it. Very difficult as I've never tried to appeal to a company before! I reckon it's an amazing opportunity though!

How far have you got with it?

Hi!

It really sounds like a brilliant opportunity, however, I was hesitant at first as I didn't do IP during my LPC.

But I applied around mid-March so now its a waiting game hoping that I get invited to the next stage.

How far have you gotten with it?
I applied to this too and got to the next stage today but also got an email to say I wouldn’t be eligible as I won’t have my LPC results back in time which is a shame
Reply 4
Original post by Yellowflower2
I applied to this too and got to the next stage today but also got an email to say I wouldn’t be eligible as I won’t have my LPC results back in time which is a shame

That sucks but at least it is reassuring to know you passed the first stage. Did they mention when they required LPC results by?
Reply 5
Original post by A-Bomb25
That sucks but at least it is reassuring to know you passed the first stage. Did they mention when they required LPC results by?

Did you apply as well? If so, when? Have you progressed to the next stage?
Re the LPC - I believe before September
Does anyone have any idea what the tests consist of?

Original post by Shayna24
Reply 7
Original post by Shayna24

I did. Applied just the other night and received the invite to the SHL tests this morning.

I don't receive my results until late August so I hope they are okay with that!
Reply 8
Original post by vikashvaitha
Does anyone have any idea what the tests consist of?

Unfortunately not. There isn't much info on the email
Reply 9
Has anyone done the SHL test? If so, what does it consist of (i.e situational judgement, numerical reasoning etc). I’ve tried to find out information online but haven’t been successful.
I don’t receive my results till October. They want results in by 30 June according to the email so I’d double check for yourself if I were you just to be safe. Good luck on your tests otherwise though!
Original post by Ntm921
Has anyone done the SHL test? If so, what does it consist of (i.e situational judgement, numerical reasoning etc). I’ve tried to find out information online but haven’t been successful.

It doesn't provide much additional information other than it's a "general aptitude test" on the SHL website where they have some practice ones there's only one for "General ability test" but I'm not certain that it'll follow the same format as that or not. So I'm not sure if it's worth practising other types of tests as well (situational judgement, numerical etc.)
In terms of the first stage, are we sifted or do they send it to everyone?
I think sifted as the job description says ‘Once your application has been submitted and reviewed, successful candidates will be invited to complete a general aptitude online assessment’
In terms of the first stage, are we sifted or do they send it to everyone?
Original post by Yellowflower2
I think sifted as the job description says ‘Once your application has been submitted and reviewed, successful candidates will be invited to complete a general aptitude online assessment’

Ahhh I see, I was just wondering because I saw that over 300+ applied to it so I was just wondering how they’ve narrowed it down.
Original post by Lexiares1234
Ahhh I see, I was just wondering because I saw that over 300+ applied to it so I was just wondering how they’ve narrowed it down.

Where is this information about the amount of applications available?
Original post by Hktajideen
Where is this information about the amount of applications available?

I don’t know if it’s a reliable source, but when it was up on LinkedIn it showed that over 300 people had applied.
Original post by Lexiares1234
I don’t know if it’s a reliable source, but when it was up on LinkedIn it showed that over 300 people had applied.

Have you taken the shl test? Any advice?
Hi, has anyone found any info on what kind of test it is? General aptitude is quite vague and I'm not sure if I should practice other tests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending