The Student Room Group

DWP work coach Merseyside February intake

Scroll to see replies

I've just had an email offering me a re at the furthest possible location away from me and only for a fixed term of 12 months. It gives me the option to accept or respond saying I'm waiting for a preferred location. I know I'm being made redundant but it'd cost me a fortune to get to this location. I wasn't aware this was just for a 12 month fixed term post either 😕
Original post by PottsnPans
I've just had an email offering me a re at the furthest possible location away from me and only for a fixed term of 12 months. It gives me the option to accept or respond saying I'm waiting for a preferred location. I know I'm being made redundant but it'd cost me a fortune to get to this location. I wasn't aware this was just for a 12 month fixed term post either 😕

I've just spoken to the recruitment team. It's definitely 12 months fixed. I just didn't see that, my mistake. There's no vacancies at all on the Wirral (my location) and only two locations in Liverpool so it's basically a take it or leave it situation. I know it's a job but it's far from what I was hoping for. A real shame. I hope you both have better luck!
I've just spoken to the recruitment team. It's definitely 12 months fixed. I just didn't see that, my mistake. There's no vacancies at all on the Wirral (my location) and only two locations in Liverpool so it's basically a take it or leave it situation. I know it's a job but it's far from what I was hoping for. A real shame. I hope you both have better luck!

Hey! I’ve had an email also, I wanted Wirral as that’s where I am too but have been offered a Liverpool city centre location but have to temporarily work in Huyton which is quite a while away but I’m accepting anyway. Hopefully can move once we’re in there maybe? It is fixed term yes unfortunately but once your in the civil service it’s easy to move around departments like I have done.
Reply 23
Oh congratulations guys! On the offers! Well done. Nothing for me yet. Don’t forget there is a always a possibility the contract might be extended after 12 months. Good luck too you both xxxxxxx
Hi, ive just been offered Duke Street in Liverpool, its a new building. Working at Huyton until its done.
Reply 25
Original post by Lynsey2510
Hi, ive just been offered Duke Street in Liverpool, its a new building. Working at Huyton until its done.

Well done!!! I’m so hoping I hear something xxxx
Just had another email to say 1st day at Huyton will be picking IT stuff up then 6 weeks training from home then hopefully new building in Liverpool will be ready.
Original post by l3henry
Well done!!! I’m so hoping I hear something xxxx

Thank you. Will keep everything crossed for you!
Congratulations to you all! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Looks like we'll all be based at the same place 🙂 Very relieved that working from home is available. I'm pretty much on the border of Cheshire so it would have been a very long commute.

@l3henry I have my fingers crossed that you hear something very very soon!
Just had another email to say 1st day at Huyton will be picking IT stuff up then 6 weeks training from home then hopefully new building in Liverpool will be ready.

I’m the same! Glad we can work from home!
Reply 30
Congratulations to you all! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Looks like we'll all be based at the same place 🙂 Very relieved that working from home is available. I'm pretty much on the border of Cheshire so it would have been a very long commute.

@l3henry I have my fingers crossed that you hear something very very soon!

Thank u. I probably haven’t made the cut as haven’t heard yet, but so pleased for u all xxx I’m glad your taking the post as you never know what the future holds, good luck. Il let u all know if il be joining u 🙋🏼*♀️🙏
Original post by l3henry
Thank u. I probably haven’t made the cut as haven’t heard yet, but so pleased for u all xxx I’m glad your taking the post as you never know what the future holds, good luck. Il let u all know if il be joining u 🙋🏼

Fingers crossed you’ll hear something soon!!
Reply 32
Original post by AnnaS*
Fingers crossed you’ll hear something soon!!

Thanks Anna
Anyone had any news on start dates yet? Or do you know when we might know?
Original post by UsernameA56239
Anyone had any news on start dates yet? Or do you know when we might know?

No not heard anything yet. Ive told them I need to give 3 months notice but if it jeopardises the job offer I will see if I can leave early. I hope we hear something this week. Do you need to give notice to a job?
No not heard anything yet. Ive told them I need to give 3 months notice but if it jeopardises the job offer I will see if I can leave early. I hope we hear something this week. Do you need to give notice to a job?

I have to give 4 weeks, really want to be handing my notice in ASAP so finger crossed we hear something today.
I have to give 4 weeks, really want to be handing my notice in ASAP so finger crossed we hear something today.

Me too! Ive got to give in 4 weeks notice and i got an offer for leeds via email did you all hear by email too? Someone is meant to ring me and give me confirmation of start dates etc im clinging onto my phone so hard waiting for a call so i can hand my notice in😭😂
I’ve just had confirmation of a start date 1st June!
I’ve just had confirmation of a start date 1st June!

Wow congrats! Well done. When did they email you about an offer btw? I got email yesterday offering me leeds and waiting for a call for a start date yet😭 what was your timeline so i have a rough estimate? Thanks
Original post by Bellxdonna
Me too! Ive got to give in 4 weeks notice and i got an offer for leeds via email did you all hear by email too? Someone is meant to ring me and give me confirmation of start dates etc im clinging onto my phone so hard waiting for a call so i can hand my notice in😭😂

Can I ask which campaign you applied for please? I was West Yorkshire March campaign!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply