The Student Room Group

I need ideas...

I’m planning to go out with a friend that’s a girl (I’m a boy) I have known them for all my life but I have a small crush on them.
I don’t want to go really smart but I don’t know what to wear...

Any ideas?
do you know where you guys are going?
Original post by jodger12456789
do you know where you guys are going?

Not sure yet but might be going to a park or for a walk
Original post by Duckington6022
Not sure yet but might be going to a park or for a walk

ooh okay, nice nice. Because the weather has turned colder out now, maybe some nice jeans and a cool sweatshirt? just has to be casual as it’s a casual date too:wink:
ooh okay, nice nice. Because the weather has turned colder out now, maybe some nice jeans and a cool sweatshirt? just has to be casual as it’s a casual date too:wink:

I have a pair of jeans and a Levi’s hoodie
I have a pair of jeans and a Levi’s hoodie

that’s sounds nice!! What colour are the jeans and the hoodie? Do you know what shoes you’d wear?
that’s sounds nice!! What colour are the jeans and the hoodie? Do you know what shoes you’d wear?

The hoodie is grey with a red logo and the jeans are blue. I have some adidas trainers.
The hoodie is grey with a red logo and the jeans are blue. I have some adidas trainers.

those colours would go really well together I think!!! I think you should go with that outfit :smile:
a hoodie and jeans ?
a top with a jacket and jeans?
joggers and a top?

dont wear trousers or a suit lmao that looks kinda :/

good luck :biggrin:
Original post by year11studentx
a hoodie and jeans ?
a top with a jacket and jeans?
joggers and a top?

dont wear trousers or a suit lmao that looks kinda :/

good luck :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
What matters most is how well your clothing suit your body, not how much money you spend on them. The last thing you want is for your date to get annoyed by your sloppy outfit. A tailored (but not skin-tight) silhouette, in which your clothing hug but do not constrict your body, is usually the way to go. A fitted dinner jacket, straight-leg trousers, or a slim button-down shirt are all good choices. It's more about how you wear your clothing rather than having them to wear you.
I’m planning to go out with a friend that’s a girl (I’m a boy) I have known them for all my life but I have a small crush on them.
I don’t want to go really smart but I don’t know what to wear...

Any ideas?

Shoes are important no matter what you wear. Brogues always a good choice. Not pointy. I have some suede Ted Baker ones. But only wear suede on a second date. You need black leather brogues. Not too smart but casual? Forget trousers or chinos. Go for a rust coloured pair of jeans from next. No one sees the label so you can go cheap here. Shoes £150 online. Jeans £40 next. Shirt again from next for about £30 either white or light blue. Keep the cuffs unbuttoned for a more casual look. Keep the shirt free flow. Do not tuck in.
To top it off I would use a chunky knit jumper. I personally like Stone Island but due to ******** thinking you hate their football team I would not advise that brand. Maybe a Henri Lloyds or Fred Perry.
Most important is the things she cannot see. Pay the price on good socks and pants. They will make you feel good. Get your haircut and smell nice. I prefer Koura but each to their own.
The most important thing to be aware of? If you have to turn up wearing a bin liner and she likes you for who you are, then you make sure you get that second date Kidda.
Original post by wazza778
Shoes are important no matter what you wear. Brogues always a good choice. Not pointy. I have some suede Ted Baker ones. But only wear suede on a second date. You need black leather brogues. Not too smart but casual? Forget trousers or chinos. Go for a rust coloured pair of jeans from next. No one sees the label so you can go cheap here. Shoes £150 online. Jeans £40 next. Shirt again from next for about £30 either white or light blue. Keep the cuffs unbuttoned for a more casual look. Keep the shirt free flow. Do not tuck in.
To top it off I would use a chunky knit jumper. I personally like Stone Island but due to ******** thinking you hate their football team I would not advise that brand. Maybe a Henri Lloyds or Fred Perry.
Most important is the things she cannot see. Pay the price on good socks and pants. They will make you feel good. Get your haircut and smell nice. I prefer Koura but each to their own.
The most important thing to be aware of? If you have to turn up wearing a bin liner and she likes you for who you are, then you make sure you get that second date Kidda.

Thank you, I will look into it. Hopefully she likes me back 😁
Thank you, I will look into it. Hopefully she likes me back 😁

You have took the time to ask for advice. I'm sure she will

Quick Reply

Latest