The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucifer323
But going to the prom is haram itself as the prom is not allowed in Islam.
Prom is haram! And this is the message should be passed to the new generation..

the genral idea is yes it is

but if Im going alone (which doesnt make sense and might be sad ik 😂) and not drinking alcohol it's fine

so if I went and just hung out with my friends its fine whereas finding a girl and going with her and potentially at the very least kissing her then yes ig it is
Its cancelled no ?
Original post by mra1108
No it's not...

Yes it is! Show me where in the Quran or any other text, proms & parties are allowed.
Prom is haram and should be forbidden.
:biggrin: Enjoy the music and dance
Original post by loraa11
title??

No
1 music
2 dancing (also a celebration of music)
Original post by alabama 0
You live in England and America not Saudi Arabia or Pakistan. Go have some booze and dance and enjoy yourself. I promise allah does not really care. Just don't blow up. And stay peaceful.

Yes he does and its better u stay quiet cuz ur gonna lead her to hell with what ur saying
Yes it is! Show me where in the Quran or any other text, proms & parties are allowed.

Stop spreading bs u troll

I'm pretty sure it's not haram.

My family are all religious and as long as you don't do anything suspicious it's okay.

Ok well parties in general aren't Haram I mean we celebrate eid which isnt exactly a party but kind ofa party
Original post by Qxi.xli
oh ok sorry, didn't know that

False. Don't listen to that poster.
It depends on the nature of the party. A party serving haram food wouldn't be a good idea to attend. Also free mixing and whatnot
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by the_pharaoh
Yes he does and its better u stay quiet cuz ur gonna lead her to hell with what ur saying

Ayyy bro, careful there
don't engage with clueless trolls :smile:
the genral idea is yes it is

but if Im going alone (which doesnt make sense and might be sad ik 😂) and not drinking alcohol it's fine

so if I went and just hung out with my friends its fine whereas finding a girl and going with her and potentially at the very least kissing her then yes ig it is

The prom is a trap to get young people in the mood for drinking and doing drugs or exposing body parts. All if them are forbidden in Islam and are haram. Hence the prom is haram.
Original post by fleury21
Ayyy bro, careful there
don't engage with clueless trolls :smile:

yeye
Original post by HumbleBee_x
False. Don't listen to that poster.
It depends on the nature of the party. A party serving haram food wouldn't be a good idea to attend. Also free mixing and whatnot

oh ok thanks for lmk :smile:
The prom is a trap to get young people in the mood for drinking and doing drugs or exposing body parts. All if them are forbidden in Islam and are haram. Hence the prom is haram.

ok i see where ur coming from and I wouldn't say your generally wrong

especially considering she lives in a western country however if she can control herself she can do what she wants

altho i dont see a point if ur gonna go alone anyways
Original post by Qxi.xli
oh ok sorry, didn't know that

Prom is haram
Drinking is haram
Dancing is haram
Smoking is haram
Prom is haram
Drinking is haram
Dancing is haram
Smoking is haram

Bro chill u have a valid point but chill a bit 😂
tbf yes you are allowed but I guess it isn’t encouraged as there is music and mixing of the sex’s.
Original post by Moonlight rain
tbf yes you are allowed but I guess it isn’t encouraged as there is music and mixing of the sex’s.

No I don't think you are allowed to go to the prom. Proms are traps where youngsters drink, smoke, and exposure body parts. So NO!!! Proms are only for westerners and not Muslims.
Bro chill u have a valid point but chill a bit 😂

Of course I have a valid point and I am chilled out. I assure you.

Latest

Trending

Trending