The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucifer323
Of course drinking & smoking are haram. But the prom is an event which facilitates both of the above as well as provocative and inappropriate behaviour from those who go there and expose themselves.

Its to celebrate the end of the academic year. You don't have to surround yourself in those types of environments. You can host your own celebration if u really wanted to.
Year 11s can't drink/smoke anyway - there are restrictions which schools put in place.
Original post by HS_1
how ironic, eh? poster named himself ''Lucifer'' and is now going around telling ppl wht's haram & halal :rofl: haram police volunteer, I see

Are you implying something about my username as I don't get you sister.
This is so ridiculous, You'll (@Lucifer323) just end up being unfortunate for giving people misinformation (to an extent) because that itself is a sin.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by HS_1
how ironic, eh? poster named himself ''Lucifer'' and is now going around telling ppl wht's haram & halal :rofl: haram police volunteer, I see

Ye it's kinda funny 😂

altho I gotta say his points are valid to an extent
Original post by mra1108
This is so ridiculous, You'll (@Lucifer323) just end up being unfortunate for giving people misinformation because that itself is a sin.

We don't need another haram police thanks :rofl:
Original post by Qxi.xli
oh ok 🤷

It's precisely what the other user says.
Prom is haram as it becomes the facilitator of all other things that are haram.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
We don't need another haram police thanks :rofl:

aaaaaaaa ok sorry, Imma head out I guess, yeet.
Whether to not they can, I hope that Muslims would not go. I hope Christians would not go, Jewish people would not go, those of other religions, agnostics or atheists would not go. I hope everyone boycotts this awful U.S. tradition with low or single use clothing, and donates money or time to charity instead.
Original post by mra1108
This is so ridiculous, You'll (@Lucifer323) just end up being unfortunate for giving people misinformation (to an extent) because that itself is a sin.

What? I am not doing anything haram around here. I am trying to prevent it..
Prom is haram as it becomes the facilitator of all other things that are haram.

You're damn right correct. But like i said before ^

Original post by barnet1471
Whether to not they can, I hope that Muslims would not go. I hope Christians would not go, Jewish people would not go, those of other religions, agnostics or atheists would not go. I hope everyone boycotts this awful U.S. tradition with low or single use clothing, and donates money or time to charity instead.

preachh
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SHADOW_SCRIPT
srry didn't mean to rep this

U dont need to apologise :lol:
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Its to celebrate the end of the academic year. You don't have to surround yourself in those types of environments. You can host your own celebration if u really wanted to.
Year 11s can't drink/smoke anyway - there are restrictions which schools put in place.

Are you implying that we will have end of year11 proms only for Muslims?
Original post by fleury21
U dont need to apologise :lol:

i do, cause it'd seem that i had supported that user's statement
Wow you can’t do anything fun apparently. It seems everything normal is haram. Btw prom sucks anyways no matter what religion you are.
Original post by barnet1471

Yes indeed nobody should be going to proms unless you are an atheist or agnostic. These people don't have any values and they party all the time without considering the consequences.
Original post by SHADOW_SCRIPT
i do, cause it'd seem that i had supported that user's statement

No one knows who reps except the person who said it, if u had repped it no other user would have known it was u

XDDD no, they're saying that u dont need a prom to celebrate the end of Y11
and u can celebrate ur own way if u want
Original post by Anonymous
Wow you can’t do anything fun apparently. It seems everything normal is haram. Btw prom sucks anyways no matter what religion you are.

No you can do sot if things but you can't start smoking and drinking of dancing semi naked in a...prom...

No, doubt any school would have the courtesy and money to do that.
Original post by Anonymous

actually, theres lots of fun, but u shld notice that the restrictions are to help us
...i guess its similar to the way some legal restrictions protect us

Latest

Trending

Trending