The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katierose909
Is anyone booking accommodation at BT1/2? I was going to but everyone else is picking BT9 so might choose there instead

I’ve chosen BT9 as my first choice then BT2 as my second option 😊
Is anyone booking accommodation at BT1/2? I was going to but everyone else is picking BT9 so might choose there instead

I chose BT1 :smile: I thought the accommodation looked nicer plus there’s the gym
Hey, how to book the accommodation?

i want bt2
Original post by suhanib9

om qub website, all you need is your ucas no

https://www.qub.ac.uk/accommodation/
That should be the link
How far is bt9 from the med school building?
Original post by Aethomson
om qub website, all you need is your ucas no

okay thanks!
How far is bt9 from the med school building?

Approx 15 minute walk
Like since Qub is in Northern Ireland when you graduate can you apply for foundation training in England and Scotland?
@ecolier Like since Qub is in Northern Ireland when you graduate can you apply for foundation training in England and Scotland?

Yes, sure.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 91

I booked BT 2, then BT 1 :smile:
I love the look of them and like how they are near city centre. Also closer to the gym.
And I felt 11 people might be a little too many to share kitchen with etc.
Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Hi OJ!

Congrats on making QUB firm! I'm sure you'll love it here. I stayed in BT1 as a 1st year, and I loved it. It's in the city centre, has a great common room and a gym, and is a 15min walk from campus. BT9 is generally known as the more traditional uni halls - but both are great for undergrads, and if you like the look of BT1/2 I'd say go for it!

If you need to ask anything else, DM us or post on our forum:smile:

Team Queen's
Emily, 2nd year Bio Sciences

Hi there, may I know which accommodation is closest to the med school? I am also looking at BT 1 just bcos it has a gym in the building. Does BT 9 have a gym or any other sports facilities?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AnnieHHW
Hi there, may I know which accommodation is closest to the med school? I am also looking at BT 1 just bcos it has a gym in the building. Does BT 9 have a gym or any other sports facilities?

Hi AnnieHHW,

So BT9 does'nt have it's own gym however it is very close to the PEC which is the big Queen's gym and sports facility. Its only about a 5 minute walk and it is bigger than the gym used by BT1 &2 residents. However, if you prefer a quiter gym the BT1 gym may be best for you. I believe that both are about a twenty minute walk to the MBC(Medical biology centre) and other main campus locations, but hospitals such as the Royal would be further away.
I hope this helps and good luck with your studies :smile:

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Hi AnnieHHW,

So BT9 does'nt have it's own gym however it is very close to the PEC which is the big Queen's gym and sports facility. Its only about a 5 minute walk and it is bigger than the gym used by BT1 &2 residents. However, if you prefer a quiter gym the BT1 gym may be best for you. I believe that both are about a twenty minute walk to the MBC(Medical biology centre) and other main campus locations, but hospitals such as the Royal would be further away.
I hope this helps and good luck with your studies :smile:

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History

My preference is BT9. It seems nearer to Med Schl than BT1 or BT2. BT9 is within the uni grounds rite? (i assume BT1 and BT2 are outside of the uni grounds)
My preference is BT9. It seems nearer to Med Schl than BT1 or BT2. BT9 is within the uni grounds rite? (i assume BT1 and BT2 are outside of the uni grounds)

No, BT9 is not within the uni grounds. It’s approx a 15 minute walk from the main campus and BT1/2 are in the centre of Belfast - also a 15-20 walk from the university campus.
(edited 2 years ago)

i walked it the other day bt9 and 2 are about the same distance from main campus and mbc but bt1 is a little bit further, like 7 more minutes maybe
I've not had a chance to visit QUB. I know a lot of 1st years stay in BT9, but are there plenty who stay in the city centre to make it a good choice?
Original post by Inthesky11
I've not had a chance to visit QUB. I know a lot of 1st years stay in BT9, but are there plenty who stay in the city centre to make it a good choice?

from what i know bt2 and 1 are filled so there are plenty of people there
Original post by Aethomson
i walked it the other day bt9 and 2 are about the same distance from main campus and mbc but bt1 is a little bit further, like 7 more minutes maybe

Thank u for the info. Really helpful 👍

Latest