The Student Room Group

University courses

I study geography in sixth form and I am finding it really interesting especially the the human geography aspect. I am thinking of uni courses to apply for. What are courses that I can study that is related to human geography?
(edited 3 years ago)
You can either do geography BA where you cover both physical and human and can pick mostly human optional modules, leading to a BA degree (if you did majority physical it would be a BSC)

Or you can study exclusively human geography by doing human geography BA
Reply 2
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
You can either do geography BA where you cover both physical and human and can pick mostly human optional modules, leading to a BA degree (if you did majority physical it would be a BSC)

Or you can study exclusively human geography by doing human geography BA

Thank you :smile:
What are career options if I study human geography BA and what university’s are the best when you want to study human geography BA
Lots of geography degrees include human and physical for the first year then you can pick which direction you want to go in. This would allow you to study human modules for year 2 and 3 and come out with a BA. This may open more options than looking just at human geography courses.
Original post by Fay40
I study geography in sixth form and I am finding it really interesting especially the the human geography aspect. I am thinking of uni courses to apply for. What are courses that I can study that is related to human geography?

Hi @Fay40

It is great that you are considering studying Geography at University.

At Hull we offer various geography courses including BA Geography. BA Geography focuses on topics within social science and humanities such as sustainability and development, cities and globalisation and people culture and space. All our Geography programmes have a common first year in which you’ll get to study human and physical geography and learn geographical skills. In your second and third year, you can continue to do both human and physical geography, or choose to focus on human geography - the choice is yours.

Further details can be found on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/geography-ba-hons

We also have an 'Ask a Student' page which you can chat with a couple of our geography students - Kaiah (BA Geography) and Kerry (Studied BSc Geography, now studying an MSc in Environmental Change, Management and Monitoring ) - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

I hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Reply 5
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi @Fay40

It is great that you are considering studying Geography at University.

At Hull we offer various geography courses including BA Geography. BA Geography focuses on topics within social science and humanities such as sustainability and development, cities and globalisation and people culture and space. All our Geography programmes have a common first year in which you’ll get to study human and physical geography and learn geographical skills. In your second and third year, you can continue to do both human and physical geography, or choose to focus on human geography - the choice is yours.

Further details can be found on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/geography-ba-hons

We also have an 'Ask a Student' page which you can chat with a couple of our geography students - Kaiah (BA Geography) and Kerry (Studied BSc Geography, now studying an MSc in Environmental Change, Management and Monitoring ) - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

I hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Thank you for your response. I will take a look at the website for more details.
Reply 6
Original post by E3student
Lots of geography degrees include human and physical for the first year then you can pick which direction you want to go in. This would allow you to study human modules for year 2 and 3 and come out with a BA. This may open more options than looking just at human geography courses.

Thank you for your response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending