The Student Room Group

✨reaching for a starinthenight:a multiyear gyg✨

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1hhh
Thank you for the tip ill probs start doing that today is there certain ideas that make it a grade 9 essay do u think? like do u always question the question eg is macbeth brave would u write some agreeing but then offer an alternative perspective like how he falls into the trap of the witches?

Yeah, I would say offering alternative interpretations using evidence is something that shows you're making a critical and thoughtful response. If you look at A01 of a level 6 answer it says "Critical, exploratory, conceptualised response to task and whole text". So it's important that you offer alternative interpretations in order to show that you not just know the text but you're analyzing it to a point where you can argue different interpretations. Also always embed your quotes. Make a lot out of a small quotation
Not always but talk about writer's intentions as that link to context. Make sure you're using relevant vocab to the text e.g Macbeth is a Jacobeain text so make sure you analyse how may effect why the writer chooses certain phrases or scenes and portray it how they do
Thank you so much ❤️
Original post by 1hhh
Thank you so much ❤️

Np, I'm pretty much struggling to balance my revision rn but English is a subject I've always liked
Hi can someone update me on this thread please and thanks x
EXAM REVISION😎TBH I CBA BUT IMNA GET THRU THIS
MATHS random questions that i can find
BIOLOGY quizlet❤️
CHEMISTRY past papers specimen-2018💛
PHYSICS past papers specimen-2018💛
RS quizlet❤️
BUSINESS quizlet❤️
COMPUTING quizlet❤️
SPANISH quizlet for reading, memorising for writing, past papers for listening specimen-2018❤️🧡💛
ENGLISH LANGUAGE(READING) specimen papers-2018💛
ENGLISH LITERATURE going through grade 9 answers but also memorising the old/new spec markscheme💜🧡

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 1hhh
BIOLOGY quizlet❤️
RS quizlet❤️
BUSINESS quizlet❤️
COMPUTING quizlet❤️
SPANISH quizlet for reading, memorising for writing, past papers for listening specimen-2018❤️🧡💛
ENGLISH LITERATURE going through grade 9 answers but also memorising the old/new spec markscheme💜🧡

Spoiler

Cba to do what and get through what?
There’s no need for the bold font btw it hurts ppl’s eyes. Just saying x
Original post by 1hhh
BIOLOGY quizlet❤️
RS quizlet❤️
BUSINESS quizlet❤️
COMPUTING quizlet❤️

Spoiler

What’s this list about though
I don’t even do all the subjects in there
Original post by chelsea.uri
Cba to do what and get through what?
There’s no need for the bold font btw it hurts ppl’s eyes. Just saying x

They mean they cba to do the things in their list but they're still going to get through it because it's part of their revision. The list btw is revision stuff so like reviewing their quizlet cards or completing past papers.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by StarshineDiamond
They mean they cba to do the things in their list but they're still going to get through it because it's part of their revision. The list btw is revision stuff so like reviewing their quizlet cards or completing past papers.

Ok so why did they @ me
Ok so why did they @ me

cause you asked to be updated on the thread so they tagged you to their latest post
cause you asked to be updated on the thread so they tagged you to their latest post

But that’s not an update
But that’s not an update

depends on what you see as an update - personally, I see any independent post made by the op as an update (replies don't count) but if you don't see as that then you should probs clarify what you see as an update.
Original post by 1hhh
i make my own flashcards on quizlet based off the markscheme eg one side would be *how does catalytic cracking work* (2marks) the other side being *heated to a high temperature - passed over a catalyst* :smile: and i just keep learning the flashcards off by heart ❤️

are you able to share a link to your quizlet page. I have exams soon, and all the flashcards I find are just not detailed enough. Thank youuu
Original post by not/so/studious
are you able to share a link to your quizlet page. I have exams soon, and all the flashcards I find are just not detailed enough. Thank youuu

Ill pm you :smile:
me too :colondollar:
me too :colondollar:

no problemo
Original post by 1hhh
no problemo

thank you <3
ANDDDD ITS THE EVENING PPLLLLLLL...😎
things still left to do for the weekend:
>business quizlet to make ✔️
>reading spanish theme 1 questions only

things left to do for the next week:
>memorise the quizlets
>memorising the spanish writing task
>do past papers on english language (9 papers) 😖
>english literature writing essays based off the notes i made today

Last week before exams:
past papers galore (i’ll plan this out today at 10.00 pm?)

Spoiler

BYEEEEEE 😎
(edited 3 years ago)
thank you soo much, I hope revision and exams go well for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending