The Student Room Group

BT Degree Apprenticeship Scheme 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrMousa
could you please tell me what questions they asked you, as I have my video interview in 2 days time. please I'm soooooo worried about not passing the interview.

Do you know the questions now? Any help would be appreciated
Original post by tanyabrookes5
Do you know the questions now? Any help would be appreciated

Why would anyone actually TELL you the questions.

That just gives an unfair advantage to you and could stop those of us who didn’t cheat beforehand- just do what you can to prepare like the rest of us , cheating isn’t the way to get in.

It gives you an unfair advantage as we didn’t know the questions before the interview
Original post by weelolo
Hey! Has anyone else here got their assessment centre on Thursday? I'm hella nervous for it if anyone has done one already

which one did you apply for? good luck!!
Reply 43
Original post by maishamss
which one did you apply for? good luck!!

It was for software engineering but I decided not to go ahead with it so I'm of no help now if you have one sorrys
Hi all, I was thinking of maybe making a Whatsapp group chat for people who are planning on doing apprenticeships or degree apprenticeships in London, so we can like network and meet people the same way uni students are at the moment haha. Let me know what you think and if you would like to join ! :smile:
Original post by weelolo
It was for software engineering but I decided not to go ahead with it so I'm of no help now if you have one sorrys

ah shame:frown: nah i was just asking to see if you were doing the same one as me (security software dev) bc assessment centre!
Just to let you know, even if you pass everything - including the assessment centre - there isn't always enough places for successul candidates. Always keep your options open and don't rely on one apprenticeship. Apply for as many as you're interested in or ones you can realistically do , eg, if you're happy to move to a new unknown place - and also consider university too. Personally - I think apprenticeships are a fantastic opportunity but the competition is tough and places very limited (especially in this pandemic year) Even if you pass everything and are predicted all As - there still might just not be enough places available :frown:
Original post by domesticengineer
Just to let you know, even if you pass everything - including the assessment centre - there isn't always enough places for successul candidates. Always keep your options open and don't rely on one apprenticeship. Apply for as many as you're interested in or ones you can realistically do , eg, if you're happy to move to a new unknown place - and also consider university too. Personally - I think apprenticeships are a fantastic opportunity but the competition is tough and places very limited (especially in this pandemic year) Even if you pass everything and are predicted all As - there still might just not be enough places available :frown:

If you get made an offer then it’s okay, as long as you get the grades
Original post by Mmoore7900
If you get made an offer then it’s okay, as long as you get the grades

yes definately but some people get a letter saying they have passed the assessment centre but they don't have enough positions for everyone who has passed so are unable to offer anything but will keep you on record in case anything changes. If you get an offer you are one of the lucky ones! Well done
Original post by domesticengineer

i have applied to 9 and it has been so much effort omds.

also reminder last yeat bt cancelled their DA for offer holders (yes offer holders) last minute so make sure u have a reliable backup!
Well they're should be an extra open space available for the network engineer position.

I received my offer the next day after the assessment centre (they must've liked me), but I declined as I received an offer from the University course I wanted to do instead and plan on partaking in the graduate scheme upon completion of my degree :smile:
Reply 52
Did they ring you or email you? ive had a couple missed calls from numbers i dont recognise, but ive been getting a lot of scam calls recently and i dont want to call one of them back
Original post by DeltaDS
Did they ring you or email you? ive had a couple missed calls from numbers i dont recognise, but ive been getting a lot of scam calls recently and i dont want to call one of them back

i just missed a call too!
Reply 54

Where have u applied?
Original post by dpsng
Where have u applied?

EY (offer), morgan stanley (offer), civil service (rejected), deliotte (rejected), a super secret place i am not allowed to say (offer), accenture (will probs decline if i get an AC), amazon (the one i really want!!!), bt (will probs decline if i get given an AC), microsoft (to apply). hbu?
EY (offer), morgan stanley (offer), civil service (rejected), deliotte (rejected), a super secret place i am not allowed to say (offer), accenture (will probs decline if i get an AC), amazon (the one i really want!!!), bt (will probs decline if i get given an AC), microsoft (to apply). hbu?

congrats on all your offers!!!! :smile:
what did you apply for at all of them ??
Original post by ehyy4324
congrats on all your offers!!!! :smile:
what did you apply for at all of them ??

theyre all techy so most are software dev, some cyber security (bc thats my strongest skill) and EY is audit analyst which idek why i did that when they have a tech one, but it was my first application. hbu ??
has anyone got a place yet? i'm doing Software Engineering in Bristol :smile: can't wait to start
Original post by AnonymousB2
Hi all, I was thinking of maybe making a Whatsapp group chat for people who are planning on doing apprenticeships or degree apprenticeships in London, so we can like network and meet people the same way uni students are at the moment haha. Let me know what you think and if you would like to join ! :smile:

I don't mind joining

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending