The Student Room Group

university overpaid tuition fee

I enrolled on a degree in 2009 and it was 3 years. After leaving the course I asked for my transcript which showed I had sat modules for the first year and half of the second year (year 2 semester 1). I then left the course. Student finance shows that I have paid tuition fees for all of year one and all of year two. I wondered if anyone could help me with the next steps of what to do. I contacted BPP a few weeks ago and explained the situation but they said they only keep records for 7 years.

Is the next step to contact Student Finance and see if they can reverse the payment. It's half a year in 2011 so about £1600.

Thanks
Original post by mathsboy01
I enrolled on a degree in 2009 and it was 3 years. After leaving the course I asked for my transcript which showed I had sat modules for the first year and half of the second year (year 2 semester 1). I then left the course. Student finance shows that I have paid tuition fees for all of year one and all of year two. I wondered if anyone could help me with the next steps of what to do. I contacted BPP a few weeks ago and explained the situation but they said they only keep records for 7 years.

Is the next step to contact Student Finance and see if they can reverse the payment. It's half a year in 2011 so about £1600.

Thanks

Unless you have evidence that you submitted your withdrawal to the university before the start of term 3 then you will not be able to amend this.

Even if you withdrew a week or so into the final term (so before the final assessment) then you would have been liable for the full year’s fee
Why did you wait for 10 years to sort this out?!
Original post by black tea
Why did you wait for 10 years to sort this out?!

life happens
Your transcript shows that you academically withdrew in June 2012 - presumably the end of second year. (Although you were registered modules in 2010,2011 and 2012 which would appear to be three years...)
Original post by GabiAbi84
Your transcript shows that you academically withdrew in June 2012 - presumably the end of second year. (Although you were registered modules in 2010,2011 and 2012 which would appear to be three years...)

How can you see OP’s transcript? They say the results cover 09/10 and semester 1 of 10/11 academic years.
Reply 6
ok i didn't realise this thanks for the help once again
Original post by PQ
How can you see OP’s transcript? They say the results cover 09/10 and semester 1 of 10/11 academic years.

they posted it in another thread
Original post by PQ

They’ve posted it a couple of time asking for help understanding the grades.

It has module results from jun ‘10, feb ‘11 and Jul ‘12 although the jul ‘12 ones are all incompletes.

Final result says September 09 cohort, academic withdrawal July 12.

Quick Reply