The Student Room Group

Met police recruitment 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SuzanT
Hi- I'm just waiting for result from day one assessment. Have a feeling I didnt pass but fingers crossed. How was the in centre assessment? I hear its quite intense. Good luck for the remainder of the process, it is long indeed. Xx

It is a bit intense. I thought I'd failed it lol. I'm sure we'll both be ok. Anyway fingers crossed for us.
Reply 21
Original post by Lolalee
It is a bit intense. I thought I'd failed it lol. I'm sure we'll both be ok. Anyway fingers crossed for us.

Its definitly a career i want so much, so if I failed I won't give up. I'll try again. Is there any tips you can give for the in centre assessment? Will be much appreciated. Who knows maybe we will end up working together one day!
Reply 22
Original post by SuzanT
Its definitly a career i want so much, so if I failed I won't give up. I'll try again. Is there any tips you can give for the in centre assessment? Will be much appreciated. Who knows maybe we will end up working together one day!

It's an in tray and a briefing exercise. They will send you a small pack for preparation, make sure to read it and learn the building blocks and values. It's not much to read and should only take a few minutes. On the day, be prepared to read the info they give you thoroughly but quickly. I had questions fired at me and had to think on my feet lol. It is timed, so plan your time out too. Good luck with it, I'm sure you will do fine. It was fun after all and I enjoyed the mental challenge it gave me. Lets hope it doesn't take as long for us to start, as the last cohort did!
Reply 23
Original post by SuzanT
Oh, I did all 4 stages.
SJT
Interview
Written exercise
Briefing exercise
And I think once you pass this then we go onto the next stage which is a further DC assessment you sit in a centre. Is that the one you did? I found that the briefing exercise was the hardest.

I have to complete the briefing exercise by Sunday, do you have any tips that might help me?

What was the hardest part of the briefing exercise? Was it answering for 3 minutes? Or not having enough time to consider the answers?
Reply 24
Original post by RahSian
I have to complete the briefing exercise by Sunday, do you have any tips that might help me?

What was the hardest part of the briefing exercise? Was it answering for 3 minutes? Or not having enough time to consider the answers?

You get asked 12 questions. 1 min to consider the answer and 1 minutte o answer it. Its based on neighbourhood policing and a changing scenario and see how you respond to it. Basically it was about local drug supply, use and rising burglar and theft and how you would respond to that.
I failed my online assessment sadly, but it was because I accidently submitted the written part early without completing it otherwise I passed all other sections. Hoping to re take it. Good luck
Hello there,
Hope you can help me out :smile:
I filled in the application for eligibility and got the answer that I passed. I then filled in the rest of the application following the link they give you. That was at the beginning of February and haven't heard anything back since. Is it normal? If I pass, they say I should receive another link with the online assessment bit.
Reply 26
Original post by Julia.89
Hello there,
I filled in the application for eligibility and got the answer that I passed. I then filled in the rest of the application following the link they give you. That was at the beginning of February and haven't heard anything back since. Is it normal? If I pass, they say I should receive another link with the online assessment bit.

It took me 9 months to sit the assessment. Its a long process.
Original post by SuzanT
It took me 9 months to sit the assessment. Its a long process.

:smile: haha alright then. Thanks!
Reply 28
Does anyone know if there is a Final Interview for the MET?

I have completed my OAC, So the next stages, if I passed, I was advised were Medical/Fitness and then Security & Vetting.
Reply 29
Original post by RahSian

I have completed my OAC, So the next stages, if I passed, I was advised were Medical/Fitness and then Security & Vetting.

I think there is a face to face interview before the vetting and medical. But not 100 percent sure. How did you find the online assessment?
Reply 30
Original post by SuzanT
I think there is a face to face interview before the vetting and medical. But not 100 percent sure. How did you find the online assessment?

I actually enjoyed the Written & Briefing exercises.

With the Written I had read that the average time to complete it was 40 minutes, but I took the whole 2 hours. Perhaps I did plump it up a bit but I thought it was best to write more than less.

With the Briefing, I had read that you have 10 minutes to read and make notes but I took a lot longer and I pressed continue when I was ready to. I read on a FB forum that you can have as long as you need to make notes. That's what I was most scared of, not being able to get my thoughts down.

Also, when I emailed the CoP, they said I can make notes on paper or another note taking device, so I was planning to type my notes as my handwriting when panicked is like a doctors....but on the notes before I started the exercise it said I could make hand-written notes! I struggled reading what I had wrote, but from the Neighbourhood policing documents I studied on the CoP website, I pretty much had my answers covered.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Julia.89
Hello there,

I would give them a call nevertheless. They should have sent you the College of Policing sign up by now.
Reply 32
Original post by SuzanT

Original post by RahSian

You have another assessment centre, the 'Bolt On' assessment. You go to Kennington and do the DC assessment. There is no formal interview as such. Then it's medical and fitness.
Guys ,

I did my assessment day 1 in December and now it's April and I know I passed in jan. But wtf is taking them so long for them to get the update and send me the SJT.

Like I saw someone who applied on the 24 of November and I applied on the 20th and now this guy is on the fitness test and I'm still waiting like wtf man.

Like its very annoying to see everyone else proceed with success and I'm stuck with no progress even though I passed.

How long does it take does anyone know. Like all I want is the SJT. And I asked but they only give shot replies.
Original post by Borarsagdiyev
Guys ,

I did my assessment day 1 in December and now it's April and I know I passed in jan. But wtf is taking them so long for them to get the update and send me the SJT.

Like I saw someone who applied on the 24 of November and I applied on the 20th and now this guy is on the fitness test and I'm still waiting like wtf man.

Like its very annoying to see everyone else proceed with success and I'm stuck with no progress even though I passed.

How long does it take does anyone know. Like all I want is the SJT. And I asked but they only give shot replies.

I didn't think the met was doing SJT's

That's supposed to be excersise 1 of the first set of online tests, if you passed the other excersises I would have thought you'd be through to the force interview or in tray excersise (in person)
Original post by Sevataar
I didn't think the met was doing SJT's

That's supposed to be excersise 1 of the first set of online tests, if you passed the other excersises I would have thought you'd be through to the force interview or in tray excersise (in person)

I meant the VRT
Reply 36
Hello i have my bolt on assessment in just over a week for DC DHEP. I know you cant advise specifics but would anyone be able to offer any general help or advise. I have been revising the information sent on the email ie building blocks and C&V but im not sure if we are expected to know what police powers will be used for the briefing section

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Also how long did everyones vetting take, i have no history but due to family members (no contact but close members) my application may take slightly longer i believe
I'm literally in the same boat as you did my day 3 assessment last month and still waiting on the vetting to get back!
Original post by username5261736
Hi,

I have got an interview for the detective pathway. It seems to me it’s online for now! It’s an online assessment, at least for the first part!

Hi, I'm assuming you've passed the first part already. Can you let me know if the 2nd part is also online? The intray exercise and briefing?
Reply 39
Hey! Sorry to jump in on this thread! I was just wondering how long it took to receive your results from the Day 1 Assessment? Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending