The Student Room Group

Warwick GEM programme 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GANFYD
About 2720, I think, iirc

Thank you for your knowledge as always! 😁
Original post by Bexjw
Hi guys, does anyone have a rough estimate as to what the UCAT cut off was this year? I had a copy of the spreadsheet but it's disappeared so I can't check/ estimate myself, unfortunately.

Congratulations to all those with offers and commiserations to those without (I'll see you in next year's thread)!

Hey, here’s the spreadsheet if you want to take a look :smile:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aidwhbR7uPJv_IC58ylLzh4RYEERSn2KRMRi1D_YHEQ/edit
Reply 22
Original post by cocoabeaneo

Oh, thank you so, so much! I really appreciate that! 😊
Would being a care assistant in a care home and volunteering in a care home be two different things? Assuming they’re in different care homes
Original post by hello654321
Would being a care assistant in a care home and volunteering in a care home be two different things? Assuming they’re in different care homes

I would say yes if one experience was paid and the other was voluntary.
Reply 25
does anyone know if working in a covid test centre would classify as work experience?
Reply 26
Original post by Iceyy18
does anyone know if working in a covid test centre would classify as work experience?

I think it would depend on what you’re actually doing/ your job role. If you’re marshalling or assisting then maybe not. Unsure whether taking tests would be ‘hands-on’ enough for Warwick. Probably best to email for clarity. They’re usually quite quick to respond.

They listed for 2020-21 entry:
“NHS facility/hospital patient-facing support staff/volunteer (must fall under the Key Worker category)” would be acceptable.
Reply 27
Hi, I am applying to Warwick for 2022 entry. I was going to apply for 2021 entry but my VR score was low so didn’t apply to Warwick for 2022 entry. I am a final year MPharm student.
Original post by RR5
Hi, I am applying to Warwick for 2022 entry. I was going to apply for 2021 entry but my VR score was low so didn’t apply to Warwick for 2022 entry. I am a final year MPharm student.

Hey,

I am hoping to get into Warwick aswell this year.

All I can do is my best.
Reply 29
Original post by meghan007
Hey,

I am hoping to get into Warwick aswell this year.

All I can do is my best.

Hey,

Hioefully we both get in. Have you applied before to medicine?
Original post by RR5
Hey,

Hioefully we both get in. Have you applied before to medicine?

I've never applied before. Thought about it for years on and off, but only taken it seriously now.
Reply 31
I've never applied before. Thought about it for years on and off, but only taken it seriously now.

Oh okay, if you have the motivation and entry requirements then you are going to be fine. Good luck hope everything works out well for you.:smile:
Original post by RR5
Oh okay, if you have the motivation and entry requirements then you are going to be fine. Good luck hope everything works out well for you.:smile:

thanks, goodluck to you aswell.
Reply 33
thanks, goodluck to you aswell.

Thank you.
I've just discovered this thread, but I'm hoping to apply for 2022 entry. The thing I've been finding hardest is getting enough work experience. I'm between two cities at the moment because of the pandemic and I've no idea when I'm leaving where I currently am so I don't want to commit to a permanent position. I was successful with the NHS vaccinator role but I haven't even been through the face-to-face training yet so I'm not sure I'll even end up doing it! Hopefully I can get my 50 hrs hands-on experience in time...
Reply 35
Original post by medicphd
I've just discovered this thread, but I'm hoping to apply for 2022 entry. The thing I've been finding hardest is getting enough work experience. I'm between two cities at the moment because of the pandemic and I've no idea when I'm leaving where I currently am so I don't want to commit to a permanent position. I was successful with the NHS vaccinator role but I haven't even been through the face-to-face training yet so I'm not sure I'll even end up doing it! Hopefully I can get my 50 hrs hands-on experience in time...

Hi, I applied for 2021 entry but didn’t get an interview because my UCAT was too low but I only did my 50 hours of work experience in August and I applied to October. I got my 50 hours within two weeks. Try and apply because getting the work experience is the difficult part and then let them know.
Reply 36
Original post by RR5
Hi, I applied for 2021 entry but didn’t get an interview because my UCAT was too low but I only did my 50 hours of work experience in August and I applied to October. I got my 50 hours within two weeks. Try and apply because getting the work experience is the difficult part and then let them know.

Hey may i ask what your ucat was?
Original post by RR5

Yeah I guess 50 hours is like 7/8 full days of work so it isn't too much to ask, unfortunately the only opportunities around me at the moment seem to be permanent positions, but I'm hoping some bank or fixed term positions may come up.
Reply 38
Original post by Bano99
Hey may i ask what your ucat was?

Hey,

AR-830,QR-700,VR-530,DM-550.
Reply 39
Original post by medicphd
Yeah I guess 50 hours is like 7/8 full days of work so it isn't too much to ask, unfortunately the only opportunities around me at the moment seem to be permanent positions, but I'm hoping some bank or fixed term positions may come up.

Oh, yeah that will be difficult, I have been applying to bank jobs too but haven’t heard back and I don’t really have any experience in hospital which some bank jobs are looking for. Do you have healthcare experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending