The Student Room Group

Dentistry at UCAM/UCV spain

Hi Im thinking about going to uni at UCAM or UCV but im not sure has anyone been to either and tell me their experience please

Scroll to see replies

I applied to UCV through a star future and spoke to mark huntington who was helpful and answered any questions I had.
Reply 2
Original post by arjunpatel23
I applied to UCV through a star future and spoke to mark huntington who was helpful and answered any questions I had.

Is UCV the only one you applied to and is so how come not the others?
I do not know from where you are but I am Spanish and know a couple of people who have been to UCAM so I think I can answer. UCAM is generally considered a good university especially for the scientific and medical path, which is where dentistry lies. UCV has a better reputation here in Spain but it is better known for its Law school and similar fields. Both universities are great options and you will surely do well if you work hard. Besides, its Spain, youll have so much fun
Reply 4
Original post by davidomart
I do not know from where you are but I am Spanish and know a couple of people who have been to UCAM so I think I can answer. UCAM is generally considered a good university especially for the scientific and medical path, which is where dentistry lies. UCV has a better reputation here in Spain but it is better known for its Law school and similar fields. Both universities are great options and you will surely do well if you work hard. Besides, its Spain, youll have so much fun

I am from the UK Ive heard good things about valencia but going through future star will require 7k for a mandatory care package and UCAM doesnt i was wondering if murcia has alot of stuff to do as i havent heard or seen much about it and which was the better campus as ive seen they have one in cartagena aswell.
Guys how about the european university cyprus?
Original post by omar200329
Is UCV the only one you applied to and is so how come not the others?

yes, mainly because I already have friends studying on the course and I like idea of studying in Valencia
Reply 7
yes, mainly because I already have friends studying on the course and I like idea of studying in Valencia

Ah right igy so have you already paid for the care package and do you know what happens if you dont get the grades do they still accept you?
Reply 8
Original post by Greekdentist
Guys how about the european university cyprus?

not interested in cyprus tbh heard better things from spain
Ah right igy so have you already paid for the care package and do you know what happens if you dont get the grades do they still accept you?

Yeah I have already paid for the care package, but I got my alevel grades last year.

On the a star future website it says:
“We know very well that predicted grades are increasingly unreliable. If you have been admitted subject to achieving ABB and you miss this target there is no obligation on our part to accept you. In previous years, students who have missed narrowly have sometimes been able to take up their place, particularly if their chemistry and biology grades are still good. If you miss the ABB target and we are not able to accept you, you will be entitled to a refund equivalent to half of the care package. Refunds are not available in any other circumstances. The application fee and deposit will be lost. In certain circumstances we might be able to hold your place open for one year but you would have to pay the deposit again. Because A levels in 2021 are likely to be awarded based on teacher assessment again we can be flexible within reason. We are not minded to block students from pursuing their dream of studying dentistry but we do need to be sensible about how we handle this situation.”
Yeah I have already paid for the care package, but I got my alevel grades last year.

On the a star future website it says:
“We know very well that predicted grades are increasingly unreliable. If you have been admitted subject to achieving ABB and you miss this target there is no obligation on our part to accept you. In previous years, students who have missed narrowly have sometimes been able to take up their place, particularly if their chemistry and biology grades are still good. If you miss the ABB target and we are not able to accept you, you will be entitled to a refund equivalent to half of the care package. Refunds are not available in any other circumstances. The application fee and deposit will be lost. In certain circumstances we might be able to hold your place open for one year but you would have to pay the deposit again. Because A levels in 2021 are likely to be awarded based on teacher assessment again we can be flexible within reason. We are not minded to block students from pursuing their dream of studying dentistry but we do need to be sensible about how we handle this situation.”

Oh nice thats alright good luck mate maybe ill see you there who knows
not interested in cyprus tbh heard better things from spain

Same I was thinking good things about spain but don't know if cyprus is more organised since it is a campus uni and the 19900 euros/year cover the material fees too.
Original post by Greekdentist
Same I was thinking good things about spain but don't know if cyprus is more organised since it is a campus uni and the 19900 euros/year cover the material fees too.

idk tbh dont think id like to live in cyprus thats just me tho lol
Oh nice thats alright good luck mate maybe ill see you there who knows

yeah man good luck
Reply 14
Hi Im thinking about going to uni at UCAM or UCV but im not sure has anyone been to either and tell me their experience please

Hey
i applied to UCV but because of high cost i decided to apply to go to UCAM as the lower tuition fee and accommodation also friend of mine went there and she's happy with her choice.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tom$
Hey
i applied to UCV but because of high cost i decided to apply to go to UCAM as the lower tuition fee and accommodation also friend of mine went there and she's happy with her choice.

Did you apply to both through a future star ?

im really split in the middle of which one to apply to cause idk if Murcia as a city is good if you get what im saying, which campus did you apply too cause ive heard there are 2
Reply 16
Did you apply to both through a future star ?

im really split in the middle of which one to apply to cause idk if Murcia as a city is good if you get what im saying, which campus did you apply too cause ive heard there are 2

Hey
the campus in cartagena is closer to the beach and quite place but i personally prefer city life thats why I chose Murcia and the city is beautiful and you get your own personal tutor which is assigned to you to help you with any problem you have
Original post by Tom$
Hey
the campus in cartagena is closer to the beach and quite place but i personally prefer city life thats why I chose Murcia and the city is beautiful and you get your own personal tutor which is assigned to you to help you with any problem you have

That does sound sick idk where i would apply maybe the city if theres more to do there thanks for your help, how did you apply?
Reply 18
That does sound sick idk where i would apply maybe the city if theres more to do there thanks for your help, how did you apply?

I applied directly to the university
Original post by Tom$
I applied directly to the university

Okay cool was that through an email or is it a UCAS type thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending