The Student Room Group

How much did you spend on Car insurance from 17

Im wondering how much I should expect to pay for a 1.5L car I live in a rural area in the North West. And I want to know how much you paid for insurance when you were 17 and what car you had then.
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Neuratic
Im wondering how much I should expect to pay for a 1.5L car I live in a rural area in the North West. And I want to know how much you paid for insurance when you were 17 and what car you had then.
Thank you

I had a 1.2 ford fiesta, payed 1.7k with black box :redface:
Reply 2
Thank you

There almost no point asking to be honest - the answer will be completely unrelated to you as there’s no many factors.

The best thing to do is run the numbers on the comparison sites and see if you can afford it. If you can afford to, avoid a black box, especially as you’re likely to be driving rural roads.

1.5 car pretty mean much any amount of power nowadays but for a 17 year old most seem to me looking at 1l or 1.2l something along the lines of a Aygo or Citroen C1 otherwise insurance especially in rural areas is going to be brutal.
(edited 3 years ago)
live in west yorkshire, 18 rn and i pay around 6k
1.4k 1.0l micra
Reply 5
Original post by Levi.-

That is a hefty bill what car do you drive???
Reply 6
Original post by arjanvirdi
1.4k 1.0l micra

Where abouts are you? Seems quite expensive for a 1L micra
Reply 7
Im wondering how much I should expect to pay for a 1.5L car I live in a rural area in the North West.

No one can answer this.
Original post by Levi.-

This isn’t a typical amount and I imagine it’s related to your choice of vehicle.

OP: As above, no one can say certain as it’s related to many factors specific to you. Posters on TSR report £2-3k for non-bb policies but that might be skewed a bit, (less likely to post if they’re not-fussed about the quote).
Original post by Admit-One
This isn’t a typical amount and I imagine it’s related to your choice of vehicle.

OP: As above, no one can say certain as it’s related to many factors specific to you. Posters on TSR report £2-3k for non-bb policies but that might be skewed a bit, (less likely to post if they’re not-fussed about the quote).

I'm aware the cost is due to the car I drive lol
Original post by Levi.-
I'm aware the cost is due to the car I drive lol

A bit of context for £6k might be useful for the OP then. I presume they’re looking at something a bit more typical for a first drive.
Where abouts are you? Seems quite expensive for a 1L micra

I'm just outside birmingham, and this was with a black box too.
Reply 12
1500 /year no blackbox 1994 VW Polo
Reply 13
Sheffield, 4k for a 2.0L BMW 1 series. No black box

Quick Reply

Latest