The Student Room Group

my friends cut me off because of my illness

I admit I was banging on about it too much which lead them to imply I was selfish and it stressed them out and came across like I am complaining about my A levels and my health, I was told not to care about my health and A levels and to think of other students, not caring about my health basically means I should die from whatever I have and think of other students, and not caring about my A levels basically means let myself fail and think of others struggling too. It seems as though everyone I meet says I am selfish and everything in the conversation is about me, were they in the right?
Sometimes adolescents aren’t equipped to be able to deal with certain mental health issues in themselves or their friends.
It’s possible that you have misread their intentions and taken it upon yourself to overthink conversations and put meaning where there was none-quite often a symptom of certain mental illnesses.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Sometimes adolescents aren’t equipped to be able to deal with certain mental health issues in themselves or their friends.
It’s possible that you have misread their intentions and taken it upon yourself to overthink conversations and put meaning where there was none-quite often a symptom of certain mental illnesses.

one of them saw my scar and said “what happened? is that going to make it all better? is this about your weight?” she saw it as attention seeking when I took their words that I am selfish on board and did that to myself. She clearly doesn’t understand mental health. One of them couldn’t stand me because I got 1 grade higher and she was bullying me by trying to leave me out and say “why don’t you go by train, why don’t you go on the 115 bus, it will take you straight to your house” and she told me to go away like 4 times. She could be the reason why I started failing in the end, I was at my last stages and crying for help, and another one dismisses it and says others are going through stuff. I hope they realise that one of them is evil and karma hits them soon. When you’re going through something thinking of others makes you feel worse. And the evil person that implied it, she gets support for her exams, whys that? shea telling me to think of other students and not care about my health, yet she goes and gets support for hers. Shes thinking about her health, making her selfish.
Original post by Anonymous
one of them saw my scar and said “what happened? is that going to make it all better? is this about your weight?” she saw it as attention seeking when I took their words that I am selfish on board and did that to myself. She clearly doesn’t understand mental health. One of them couldn’t stand me because I got 1 grade higher and she was bullying me by trying to leave me out and say “why don’t you go by train, why don’t you go on the 115 bus, it will take you straight to your house” and she told me to go away like 4 times. She could be the reason why I started failing in the end, I was at my last stages and crying for help, and another one dismisses it and says others are going through stuff. I hope they realise that one of them is evil and karma hits them soon. When you’re going through something thinking of others makes you feel worse. And the evil person that implied it, she gets support for her exams, whys that? shea telling me to think of other students and not care about my health, yet she goes and gets support for hers. Shes thinking about her health, making her selfish.

And all of what you just said basically added up to what I said:
Adolescents are not always equipped to deal with mental health issues.

The last time you blamed your sociology teacher on your illness, and now you’re blaming your “friend”

You obviously have some complex issues which I hope you are seeing someone about and working through your problems with. This all happened three or so years ago, it may be best if you concentrate on the here and now for a while.
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
And all of what you just said basically added up to what I said:
Adolescents are not always equipped to deal with mental health issues.

The last time you blamed your sociology teacher on your illness, and now you’re blaming your “friend”

You obviously have some complex issues which I hope you are seeing someone about and working through your problems with. This all happened three or so years ago, it may be best if you concentrate on the here and now for a while.

no my sociology teacher triggered it, but my friends triggered self destructive behaviours. Why are they calling me selfish for going through something?

I have emotional dysregulation, nothing major. Thats basically hypersensitivity to provocative stimuli, suicidal threats and blaming others rather than seeking a solution.
no my sociology teacher triggered it, but my friends triggered self destructive behaviours. Why are they calling me selfish for going through something?

I have emotional dysregulation, nothing major. Thats basically hypersensitivity to provocative stimuli, suicidal threats and blaming others rather than seeking a solution.

Ah okay,
Last time you said you had stress induced amnesia and schizophrenia caused by your sociology teacher criticising your work so I assumed that hadn’t changed-you can understand why I’d be confused.

If you had read my posts you would see I said both times that people of that age are not best equipped to be dealing with mental illnesses-especially as you seem to have had a disruptive relationship with them from the beginning. (You claiming they’re jealous, them telling you you’re selfish, you saying they caused your illness) a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with the blame game which you might recognise as being the last symptom you typed out...
(edited 3 years ago)

Yeah, clearly nothing major... You have EUPD, don't you?
Reply 7
Yeah, clearly nothing major... You have EUPD, don't you?

emotional dysregulation

Quick Reply

Latest