The Student Room Group

Road ahead closed

Hello.

Today I had a trip to Bedding Lane in Croydon. For some reason maps was showing that I can go through road ahead closed sign, which I went. And now I’m worried that I can get penalties or tickets.

On maps was showing that part of the road is accessible and an other part closed.

Have I made the turn wrong to drive through closed ahead sign even if shows that is ok to drive on Maps app ?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vfaust

Have I made the turn wrong to drive through closed ahead sign even if shows that is ok to drive on Maps app ?

Yes
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
Yes

I also saw other drivers driving through too as there is the only access to industrial estates. So you saying that i will get a ticket for that?
Original post by Vfaust
I also saw other drivers driving through too as there is the only access to industrial estates. So you saying that i will get a ticket for that?

you might
Original post by Vfaust

You might, depends if they have traffic cameras installed. They have them here whenever they have to repair the road
Reply 5
Original post by Iasona
You might, depends if they have traffic cameras installed. They have them here whenever they have to repair the road

Are they giving licence points or ticket for that?
Original post by Vfaust
Are they giving licence points or ticket for that?

Both I’d have thought, a fine plus licence points
Reply 7
Original post by Iasona
Both I’d have thought, a fine plus licence points

I'm a bit confused as there is industrial estate over there and I've seen other cars parked there too. And as there are not other access tl the industrial estate. Slightly confusing.

Screenshot_20210403_173616_com.waze.jpg
Reply 8
By looks of they closed that section of road to repair the tracks
Reply 9
Original post by spanker
By looks of they closed that section of road to repair the tracks

I haven't been driven on that section which shows closed on the map. But entire lane has some sign that road ahead is closed. Where i been driven, that's why I'm confused.
Original post by Vfaust
I haven't been driven on that section which shows closed on the map. But entire lane has some sign that road ahead is closed. Where i been driven, that's why I'm confused.

You're fine to drive on the rest then
They put the signs to make you aware that part of the road is closed.
They usually block it off completely so you can't go on the parts they've closed
Reply 11
Original post by spanker
You're fine to drive on the rest then
They put the signs to make you aware that part of the road is closed.
They usually block it off completely so you can't go on the parts they've closed

Alright. So i won't get any penalties? I saw other drivers driving behind me. But i wasn't sure if i did wrong turn or no. As I'm new driver, trying to learn.

Can happen that google maps will show to drive on closed roads?
Original post by Vfaust

Of course. You need to look at road signs, not google maps.
Original post by Vfaust
Alright. So i won't get any penalties? I saw other drivers driving behind me. But i wasn't sure if i did wrong turn or no. As I'm new driver, trying to learn.

No you won't get any penalties, just don't drive on police road closures or you will probably get a mouthful.
Reply 14
Original post by spanker
No you won't get any penalties, just don't drive on police road closures or you will probably get a mouthful.

Thanks a lot. I started to worry about that.
Reply 15
Of course. You need to look at road signs, not google maps.

Thanks. I was using waze. And i saw signs as well, but also saw couple of cars to drive through too.
Original post by Vfaust
Thanks. I was using waze. And i saw signs as well, but also saw couple of cars to drive through too.

Other drivers don't always do the right thing.
Reply 17
Other drivers don't always do the right thing.

Agree. Hope i haven't don't anything wrong there. I've read online and they was saying that they did put in place one way system to access industrial estate there.
Reply 18
Ignore anyone in this thread who has said there are penalty points or fines associated with what you've done. They're clueless.
un yeah I sure hope it does

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending