The Student Room Group

MSc Business Analytics

I got offers for MSc business analytics from the university of strathclyde, queen's university Belfast, Aston University, the city university of London, and the University of Exeter. which one should I choose? I'm very confused.
Original post by Unooo
I got offers for MSc business analytics from the university of strathclyde, queen's university Belfast, Aston University, the city university of London, and the University of Exeter. which one should I choose? I'm very confused.

City > Exeter > rest
Original post by Unooo

Hi Unooo,

Congrats on all your offers :smile:
I am currently completing my third year at Queen's studying English and History, I moved here from London, so can assure you that the social side and feel of Queen's is great. Belfast is a lovely city, loads to do, easy to get around and a bit cheaper than the bigger cities in England. Sorry I can't answer about the course specifically but we have a thread where you can ask a student from the course and chat to course ambassadors https://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/chat-with-students/
Good luck with all your studies and I am sure you will have a great time at all your options

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
Original post by Unooo

Hi there,

Congratulations on all your offers!

When deciding on the university to attend a lot of factors should be considered and put in order of personal preference and priority. Some of such factors include tuition fees, the cost of living, distance from home, campus-style, proximity to a city centre, surrounding area, diversity, job prospects, networking opportunities, course modules, student-staff ratio, etc. Here are some useful links for comparing universities as well:

- https://universitycompare.com/
- https://www.masterscompare.co.uk/

The MSc Business Analytics degree at Aston will give you a comprehensive understanding of key areas of business analytics and develop your skills to meet the high demand from employers. You’ll develop a clear understanding of the three types of data analytics descriptive, predictive and prescriptive, and how to accurately analyse and visualise information as well as work with analytical tools. You’ll also study The Aston Global Advantage module which focuses on professional development and employability, helping you to apply the key skills that you will gain throughout the year and will have the opportunity to study abroad with one of Aston's international partners, undertake an internship placement in the UK or overseas or get involved in a global business challenge simulation.

We are recognised for the quality of our teaching and research with 100% of our business research achieving the highest rankings in the latest Research Excellence Framework.

You can find more information bout the degree here https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/business-analytics-msc-january-2022/january-2022.

Aston is located in the heart of the Birmingham city centre and within walking distance of the Bullring shopping centre which puts you at a convenient distance from everything you need. Birmingham is a very dynamic and diverse city and also the UK's most entrepreneurial region. Birmingham is honestly a very lovely and lively place to live.

I hope this has helped.

*Ethel
Reply 4
Original post by Buttmuffin
City > Exeter > rest

Hmm, why would you rank city the highest? I read a lot of *****y reviews about it such as It's neither well knowing inside of the UK nor outside and that Its ranking is pretty low too.
Reply 5
Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Hi Unooo,

Congrats on all your offers :smile:
I am currently completing my third year at Queen's studying English and History, I moved here from London, so can assure you that the social side and feel of Queen's is great. Belfast is a lovely city, loads to do, easy to get around and a bit cheaper than the bigger cities in England. Sorry I can't answer about the course specifically but we have a thread where you can ask a student from the course and chat to course ambassadors https://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/chat-with-students/
Good luck with all your studies and I am sure you will have a great time at all your options

Thanks,
Team Queen's,

Thank you for the insight. however, can you tell me a bit more about the job prospects at qub?
Original post by Unooo
Thank you for the insight. however, can you tell me a bit more about the job prospects at qub?

Hi Unooo,

QUB does have good industry links to companies in Belfast, NI and the rest of the Uk. Here is a link to the career services page at QUB hopefully that can give you more information on job prospects https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/sgc/careers/
I hope this helps :smile:

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Original post by Unooo
Hmm, why would you rank city the highest? I read a lot of *****y reviews about it such as It's neither well knowing inside of the UK nor outside and that Its ranking is pretty low too.

The only two "aight" choices are City and Exeter... Exeter because it's a RG, and City because it has a strong business school & located in London = better career prospects than Exeter.
Original post by Unooo

Hi. I’m currently Pursuing My Msc Business Analytucs atExeter. Would be happy to address your concerns.
Original post by MissyfromAfrica
Hi. I’m currently Pursuing My Msc Business Analytucs atExeter. Would be happy to address your concerns.

Hi there,
Please suggest if there is employability after this program. Is the uni gonna help in getting a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending