The Student Room Group

Any advice for applying for Midwifery 2022 ?????

Hi, something I'm looking at is applying for Midwifery in 2022.
My school is really hot on getting personal statements and applications done ASAP, and I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me on applications. The thing I'm currently really struggling with is work experience, with COVID as well i'm struggling to find any placements for volunteering or work experience, where I live there is only one small hospital so isn't many opportunities.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :h:
Reply 1
There are lots of online seminars and lectures around at the moment that you can watch online, as well as short online courses relating to healthcare that you can complete. FutureLearn has some good ones. Universities are being quite understanding about work experience atm as the pandemic has really limited opportunities. Remember that hospital work experience isn't the only thing you can do - once the restrictions are lifted, you could volunteer with groups designed to support new parents and newborns (there are support groups for breastfeeding struggles, young parents etc. that you could volunteer with). These all look good on your personal statement in place of hospital experience. If your school is insisting that you write a first draft, write the best that you can with the experience/knowledge/skills that you currently have, then just add to it and edit it as you gain more experience. Remember, you have until January 2022 to submit your application, and things should hopefully be far more normal by then.
Reply 2
ahh thank you, my school want us to have ucas applications in by November but i've had a look at virtual work experience and am starting next week!!!
Thanks
Original post by aimes1823
ahh thank you, my school want us to have ucas applications in by November but i've had a look at virtual work experience and am starting next week!!!
Thanks

Hi, just out of interest could you link the virtual work experience to me as I am also in the same position as you! thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by kateipage
Hi, just out of interest could you link the virtual work experience to me as I am also in the same position as you! thank you :smile:

Hiya, of course its on a website called springpod, my year got an email about it as it has loads of different work experience opportunities :smile:

https://www.springpod.co.uk/virtual-work-experience-programmes/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6L_azbPR7wIVDJntCh3DMQ8mEAAYASAAEgL2APD
Original post by aimes1823
Hiya, of course its on a website called springpod, my year got an email about it as it has loads of different work experience opportunities :smile:

https://www.springpod.co.uk/virtual-work-experience-programmes/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6L_azbPR7wIVDJntCh3DMQ8mEAAYASAAEgL2APD

Ah thank you so much! I have put in an application for next week's course. :smile:
Reply 6
Ah thank you so much! I have put in an application for next week's course. :smile:

oooh exciting im sure you will enjoy it :smile:

Hi, sorry I was wondering which virtual course you signed up for midwifery? Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending