The Student Room Group

Contact lenses

I want to order some contact lenses, do I use the same prescription as my glasses??
Thanks
Reply 1
No. Contact lenses diopters can be different because they are closer to your eye.
In addition there are very important parameters for contact lens fitting in the prescription: Diameter, Base Curve and material.

I'm an optometrist working for a contact lenses distributor.
Reply 2
Original post by Kathy89
No. Contact lenses diopters can be different because they are closer to your eye.
In addition there are very important parameters for contact lens fitting in the prescription: Diameter, Base Curve and material.

I'm an optometrist working for a contact lenses distributor.

Oh ok tysmm. Just a question, then how do these online contact lense companies work? x
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Oh ok tysmm. Just a question, then how do these online contact lense companies work? x

you have a prescription and buy according to the prescription.
Reply 4
I want to order some contact lenses, do I use the same prescription as my glasses??
Thanks

You need to get in touch with the Optician's which arranged for your glasses and ask for a contact lens appointment.
Reply 5
Original post by Kerzen
You need to get in touch with the Optician's which arranged for your glasses and ask for a contact lens appointment.

Original post by Kathy89
you have a prescription and buy according to the prescription.

ok thanks
they aren't offering appts cuz of covid :frown:
Reply 6
Aren't opticians opened for appointments? aren't they considered medical service?
(I am not from UK).
ok thanks
they aren't offering appts cuz of covid :frown:

Don't know who you normally see, but Specsavers, Boots, Asda plus multiple other opticians local to me are offering appointments so it would be worth contacting yours directly to double check.

Quick Reply

Latest