The Student Room Group

how much damage does 5 days of binge eating do

idk what happened but i had a binge eating relapse, overate by thousands. I'm confident ill be back on track tomorrow as I'm back to revising (for some reason revision break led to binging i guess because I'm less busy). but how bad will the damage be in terms of health and weight loss... i overate by a lottttt and it was purely refined carbs (something i usually rarely have)

I've meal prepped for tomorrow and I'm excited to go back to eating normally, I've realised after these days of binging how badly it affects me (something i wasn't aware of when i used to binge as i had nothing to compare it to) but I'm still pissed at myself for letting 1day on binging turn into 5. it wont become 6.
I doubt it will cause any damage in the long-term. I think the best thing to do would be to try and get back to your normal eating pattern and to avoid weighing yourself for the next week or so. Try not to be too hard on yourself, you can get back on track.
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
I doubt it will cause any damage in the long-term. I think the best thing to do would be to try and get back to your normal eating pattern and to avoid weighing yourself for the next week or so. Try not to be too hard on yourself, you can get back on track.

all i want to do is weigh myself tomorrow, arghh. i did it this morning and i was up 6kg. but i think ill take the batteries out and give them to my brother so i don't look i guess?
Original post by Anonymous
all i want to do is weigh myself tomorrow, arghh. i did it this morning and i was up 6kg. but i think ill take the batteries out and give them to my brother so i don't look i guess?

I can guarantee that most of that 6kg is not real weight and it will go back down again over the next few days. If giving the batteries away will help, why not?
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
I can guarantee that most of that 6kg is not real weight and it will go back down again over the next few days. If giving the batteries away will help, why not?

it takes 3,500 extra calories to gain .5kg right. i probably ate an extra 5,000 cals over these past few days so like, yep an extra 6kg it is.

I've taken them out and put them in a place i wont be able to access in the morning but urgh i hate myself so much
Original post by Anonymous
it takes 3,500 extra calories to gain .5kg right. i probably ate an extra 5,000 cals over these past few days so like, yep an extra 6kg it is.

I've taken them out and put them in a place i wont be able to access in the morning but urgh i hate myself so much

Don't beat yourself up over it. These things happen.

Quick Reply

Latest