The Student Room Group

BTS

opinions on BTS the k-pop boy band.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by temanbaik

Used to be a die-hard fan, now not really
I think they are overrated, but if BTS army stop bringing up BTS all the time then people wouldn't hate them as much I guess
(edited 3 years ago)
No opinion on them, just hate when some of their fans excessively worship them and try and convince you that they’re the prettiest humans ever; besides all that then nothing man 👍
Reply 3
Meh the music isn't bad, they are alright they don't make my ears bleed...don't see why people worship them though

Korean isn't my most favourite language, nor is English, but that's just personal taste so I'd always see them in a negative light, but I respect their talent and musicality

Been a BTS fan since 2015, I'm 19 now so I practically grew up with them in a sense and kpop in general. Still a big fan (not stan there's a difference) still amazed how far they've come cause back in 2016 never would of thought to hear BTS being played in UK McDonald's etc. Think they've got a good message, hardworking and great lads. Just newer ARMYs especially and a few here and there take it too far and ruin it for everyone else, and give the other fans a bad rep. Just have to remember they're just lads making music, and not taking the term "idol" so literally. That goes for other kpop "stans" too. Anyway as far as they group themselves and their music I haven't had a reason to stop liking them and want to see them go even furtherin their career, but still have face palm at the fandom now and then ahah
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Rima_Valeska18
Been a BTS fan since 2015, I'm 19 now so I practically grew up with them in a sense and kpop in general. Still a big fan (not stan there's a difference) still amazed how far they've come cause back in 2016 never would of thought to hear BTS being played in UK McDonald's etc. Think they've got a good message, hardworking and great lads. Just newer ARMYs especially and a few here and there take it too far and ruin it for everyone else, and give the other fans a bad rep. Just have to remember they're just lads making music, and not taking the term "idol" so literally. That goes for other kpop "stans" too. Anyway as far as they group themselves and their music I haven't had a reason to stop liking them and want to see them go even furtherin their career, but still have face palm at the fandom now and then ahah

ohhh cool! I like Astro personally but I agree with everything there. BTS’s songs can be so meaningful.
Personally, I’m more of an EXO “stan” but I do enjoy many of their songs especially their more meaningful ones like fake love. Can’t believe it’s been six years since I first started stanning them, they were my first kpop group so they’ll always have a little space in my heart. Im 19 now and I still like them and their music, though I’m not a hardcore fan anymore, but I love their message and how their music brings so many people from all over the world together! Also (even though I’m not Korean myself) I love that they’re repping their country and making people interested in S.Korean culture!

The new stans are a bit much though, bringing them up at every turn and worshiping them like they’re gods. It’s not cute, and I’m sure the boys don’t appreciate the pressure of the assumed perfection.
theyre so genuine and really are one of the most deserving bands out there, fans do bring their reputation down a bit tho
Reply 8

The music is very good. Thats it.
Reply 9
Original post by naeology
Personally, I’m more of an EXO “stan” but I do enjoy many of their songs especially their more meaningful ones like fake love. Can’t believe it’s been six years since I first started stanning them, they were my first kpop group so they’ll always have a little space in my heart. Im 19 now and I still like them and their music, though I’m not a hardcore fan anymore, but I love their message and how their music brings so many people from all over the world together! Also (even though I’m not Korean myself) I love that they’re repping their country and making people interested in S.Korean culture!

The new stans are a bit much though, bringing them up at every turn and worshiping them like they’re gods. It’s not cute, and I’m sure the boys don’t appreciate the pressure of the assumed perfection.

Their music is very good, but they are people. I think they deserve a lot of respect for what they are doing.
ohhh cool! I like Astro personally but I agree with everything there. BTS’s songs can be so meaningful.

astroooo
Original post by FAG 1
Their music is very good, but they are people. I think they deserve a lot of respect for what they are doing.

I agree! I love they’re music and what they stand for, but fans do need to remember, like you said, that they’re people too.
Ooo I love Astro too, it's been so nice seeing them grow and develop as well over the years :smile:

Reply 13
Original post by Rima_Valeska18
Ooo I love Astro too, it's been so nice seeing them grow and develop as well over the years :smile:

I know :smile: arohaaa <3
Reply 14
Original post by KikiTheYeagerist
astroooo

!!! :smile: who is your bias
I’m sick of hearing about them on here.
I been listening their music since 2016 thanks to a friend who is still obsessed with them, my favorite album is Love Yourself.
I have little opinion on the music itself but it appears to have become far too pervasive for something which not an enormous proportion of people like.
!!! :smile: who is your bias

Cha Eun-woo hbu
Reply 19
Original post by YaliaV123
I’m sick of hearing about them on here.

No negative energy 😖DIA/DIC

Quick Reply

Latest