The Student Room Group

Did anyone ever grow taller after age 20?

So I'm a guy and I'm only 5'3 and a 1/2. I've been this height since I was like 14. I've most likely stopped growing but I'm just wondering if there's any chance of me growing a couple more inches? I would be satisfied with being atleast 5'5. I have tried wearing shoe lifts that give me a 3 cm height boost (yeah I know that's sad) but I honestly can't help it. Height just gives me an extra boost of confidence and no it's not just about girls, it's just the fact that I want to go out and hang with friends etc whilst not looking like a child because it's really embarrassing. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I'm a guy and I'm only 5'3 and a 1/2. I've been this height since I was like 14. I've most likely stopped growing but I'm just wondering if there's any chance of me growing a couple more inches? I would be satisfied with being atleast 5'5. I have tried wearing shoe lifts that give me a 3 cm height boost (yeah I know that's sad) but I honestly can't help it. Height just gives me an extra boost of confidence and no it's not just about girls, it's just the fact that I want to go out and hang with friends etc whilst not looking like a child because it's really embarrassing. Thanks

I doubt that you will grow again if you stopped at 14.

I think I know who you are lol
Reply 3
I think I know who you are lol

Go on then who am I? lol
Go on then who am I? lol

Your first name begins with M
Reply 5
Original post by sufys12
I doubt that you will grow again if you stopped at 14.

Shame....guess im stuck at this height forever then...
Reply 6
Your first name begins with M

Nope definitely not. Why would you know who I am ? lol
Nope definitely not. Why would you know who I am ? lol

Are you sure? Just coz your post sounds like someone I know irl 😂😂
Reply 8
Are you sure? Just coz your post sounds like someone I know irl 😂😂

Lol I really doubt you would know me in real life. What's the first letter of my second name then?
Reply 9
Lol I really doubt you would know me in real life. What's the first letter of my second name then?

Surname sorry*
Unfortunately nothing much you can do. Surprising it was not brought up during health checks (if you had any?). You seem like a perfect candidate for growth hormone injection when you were younger.

Regardless, don't be put off and just accept the height. Life is too short (no pun intended) to worry about height, focus on other things!
Unfortunately nothing much you can do. Surprising it was not brought up during health checks (if you had any?). You seem like a perfect candidate for growth hormone injection when you were younger.

Regardless, don't be put off and just accept the height. Life is too short (no pun intended) to worry about height, focus on other things!

I was always too shy and embarrassed to ask the doctor about my short height when I was younger. They didn't seem to say anything was wrong with my height. My parents are short; dad is 5'4 and mum is 5'0. My brother somehow is 5'7? I have no idea how he grew to a normal height but I didn't.
growth at 20 u dont stand a chance in the world man
Original post by yeetouttawindow
growth at 20 u dont stand a chance in the world man

Yeah I didn't think so. I've just heard that some people grew into their early 20s so I thought I might have a chance but you are probably right.
Ouch! You might have a late growth spurt, but I do not think you will reach over the height of 5'6.

G. If you’re asking then I must’ve been right lol
5'3 is such a cute height omdihuaefwo, um anyways u probably can't but u can try doing stretches and stuff to fix your posture and make u look a lil taller.
Yeah I didn't think so. I've just heard that some people grew into their early 20s so I thought I might have a chance but you are probably right.

my mate had a pair of those elevator shoes added 2.5 inches
and they worked pretty well
but idk what the best approach would be tho, people will suspect somethings up if you were suddenly grew over night or shrunk when you took ur shoes off
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by studybean:b
5'3 is such a cute height omdihuaefwo, um anyways u probably can't but u can try doing stretches and stuff to fix your posture and make u look a lil taller.

It is a cute height for a girl... but believe me it is definitely not for a guy. A guy will always get ridiculed for looking like a kid and he won't be taken seriously enough because he would seem inferior to other taller men in the room. And I don't believe these height exercises actually work tbh
Original post by Talk Sport
Ouch! You might have a late growth spurt, but I do not think you will reach over the height of 5'6.

Honestly, Id be happy with a height of 5'5 or 5'6. Those 3 extra inches make so much more of a difference because I would actually look like a normal man and not a little kid.

Quick Reply

Latest