The Student Room Group
Original post by Davies Chemistry
See picture below
electrode.jpg

If you are not sure about how to predict the direction of redox reactions from electrode potentials, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zXowyZoZVs&list=PLTMMuJwv83FpVOc4CYB5oQY1gStt6xcNt&index=2

Thanks you have made it more clear now but how does the second mark relate about the electrode potential for sulphate ion is bigger than Br-
Original post by Joker2021
Thanks you have made it more clear now but how does the second mark relate about the electrode potential for sulphate ion is bigger than Br-

The mark scheme says that the elctrode potential for sulphate ions is smaller (not bigger) i.e. less positive, so it wont be the best one at taking in electrons (going forward). The Br2/Br- electrode is more positive so that is the best at taking electrons in (going forward)
The mark scheme says that the elctrode potential for sulphate ions is smaller (not bigger) i.e. less positive, so it wont be the best one at taking in electrons (going forward). The Br2/Br- electrode is more positive so that is the best at taking electrons in (going forward)

Thanks. can i have some help with 3e
Original post by Joker2021
Thanks. can i have some help with 3e

Sure:
Cl2.jpg
Sure:
Cl2.jpg

you literally better than my chem teacher . can i have some help with 4c i dont get the second marj
Thanks. I'm glad I can help
Ecell Cu.jpg

Quick Reply