The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey fellow offer holders! <3
Anyone else unsure between Manchester and sheffield?
Reply 22
hi any other grads here - I'm just wondering how UCAS get our degree results? I remember the universities being automatically told about A-level grades so they can confirm the place, but do we have to send off proof of what we get in our degree, obviously once we get the final results? Can't find it on the UCAS website so does anyone know :/
Original post by ce14222
hi any other grads here - I'm just wondering how UCAS get our degree results? I remember the universities being automatically told about A-level grades so they can confirm the place, but do we have to send off proof of what we get in our degree, obviously once we get the final results? Can't find it on the UCAS website so does anyone know :/

You send it directly to the university.

You'll get emailed about sending your proof later.

You'll have to send in your vaccination records and do a criminal background check as well before they make your offer unconditional.
very stuck between choosing catered/self-catered halls. I have no idea, someone pls help!
Original post by leafgirl02
very stuck between choosing catered/self-catered halls. I have no idea, someone pls help!

do you have to have firmed to apply for accommodation?
Original post by Umar_717
Anyone else unsure between Manchester and sheffield?

ahh can't relate, Sheffield rejected me 😂 but congrats on the offers! They both look like great unis, don't they? Ig the biggest difference is that Manchester does PBL & Sheffield is integrated, if you've got any preference over that?
Hi everyone!
Original post by chipsandgravy9
do you have to have firmed to apply for accommodation?

no I don't think so, not sure tho. I haven't received my official Manchester acceptance yet, only via track, and I don't think u can apply without the student id (which i'm pretty sure comes in the official offer letter)- correct me if im wrong. but I know I will firm anyways so just trying to decide where to apply for accommodation
Original post by ce14222

Hi!

Also a grad and currently working as an ED Nurse! I think they ask for proof once you’ve firmed.

Just wondering whether anyone had any ideas whether we can access a timetable of some description for the foundation year? I want to see if they’ll let me do some of it distance learning as I want to try and keep my house if I can and commute into Manchester when needed - realise this will change as the years progress - but I’ve spent a mint on the garden and want to enjoy it a little longer!

Any help would be much appreciated and well done all!
Does anyone know if we are going to have an offer holder open day or anything? (Virtual Ofc)
Original post by ljc123!!1
Hi!

Also a grad and currently working as an ED Nurse! I think they ask for proof once you’ve firmed.

Just wondering whether anyone had any ideas whether we can access a timetable of some description for the foundation year? I want to see if they’ll let me do some of it distance learning as I want to try and keep my house if I can and commute into Manchester when needed - realise this will change as the years progress - but I’ve spent a mint on the garden and want to enjoy it a little longer!

Any help would be much appreciated and well done all!

Let me know if you find out! I’m hoping to work my current job round it to help with fees
Has anyone received an email from the uni yet or has it just been the notification from UCAS track? I got my offer a week or 2 ago now so I'm a little worried I might've missed it or something 😅

I do know that when I got a biomed offer back in November, it took 3 or 4 weeks until I got an email from the uni directly so maybe it's the same?
Reply 33
Original post by tipexmaster25
Has anyone received an email from the uni yet or has it just been the notification from UCAS track? I got my offer a week or 2 ago now so I'm a little worried I might've missed it or something 😅

I do know that when I got a biomed offer back in November, it took 3 or 4 weeks until I got an email from the uni directly so maybe it's the same?

I got the offer email a day after the track notification, i've had a few other update emails as well - maybe check your junk folder?
Original post by Fatimasunayna
I got the offer email a day after the track notification, i've had a few other update emails as well - maybe check your junk folder?

Yikes I'll have a check now :eek: Thanks for the info!
Reply 35
is anyone pre-settled?
What’s the nearest hall to the medical faculty?
Original post by tipexmaster25
ahh can't relate, Sheffield rejected me 😂 but congrats on the offers! They both look like great unis, don't they? Ig the biggest difference is that Manchester does PBL & Sheffield is integrated, if you've got any preference over that?

Haha thank you, think I’m leaning towards Manchester but just based on location as I already live here 😂
Reply 38
does anyone know if accommodation is first come first serve or when the deadline is?
Original post by chewbacco
What’s the nearest hall to the medical faculty?

Anything in Victoria Park, but be careful.

The only advantage is that it is closer.

The social life there is dead.

Everybody comes to Fallowfield to party.

Latest

Trending

Trending