The Student Room Group

are they releasing both 19 and 20 papers in easter for a level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unknown1232003
The point is papers are being sold regardless of whether its a maths paper or not. So therefore some people are gaining an unfair advantage by buying these locked papers and getting higher grades. Thats why im saying they should just unlock them for everyone!

Sensible schools aren't using those papers and it's obvious when people cheat!
The point is papers are being sold regardless of whether its a maths paper or not. So therefore some people are gaining an unfair advantage by buying these locked papers and getting higher grades. Thats why im saying they should just unlock them for everyone!

not many people have been sold them. It would be unfair to publish them because everyone would get above 95%
Original post by Estelle34
not many people have been sold them. It would be unfair to publish them because everyone would get above 95%

Not really. Some schools are mixing papers up so it would be alot harder to get really high grades..
Original post by Muttley79
Sensible schools aren't using those papers and it's obvious when people cheat!

Some people genuinely do really well when it comes to the final exams though, ive personally jumped from 3s to 7s when i did my gcses so it wouldnt be fair to accuse people of cheating.
Some people genuinely do really well when it comes to the final exams though, ive personally jumped from 3s to 7s when i did my gcses so it wouldnt be fair to accuse people of cheating.

It would if you then asked them to sit another test and they couldn't replicate it - one good grade sn't enough to give you that grade under this year's guidance.
Original post by Muttley79
It would if you then asked them to sit another test and they couldn't replicate it - one good grade sn't enough to give you that grade under this year's guidance.

i agree
imo they should have just made new tests because doing past papers is unfair. What if students have siblings who did them? its ridiculous
the question bank will be released which includes the 2019 papers, if you practise every past paper within the next month or so, whatever the subject. You will do well.
imo they should have just made new tests because doing past papers is unfair. What if students have siblings who did them? its ridiculous

Original post by ogzzz123
the question bank will be released which includes the 2019 papers, if you practise every past paper within the next month or so, whatever the subject. You will do well.

And the 2020 papers
Original post by ogzzz123

Do you think if I bang the 2019, 2020 and mini papers, ill be be fine?
Original post by Ferrari08
Do you think if I bang the 2019, 2020 and mini papers, ill be be fine?

Yes bang out everything
Pretty sure my teachers told me the 2019 and 2020 papers are staying locked for this year's Year 13s as many colleges are using them for mocks.
Original post by undodostres
^^^^

The 2019 and 2020 tests are being released next year but the 2021 additional assessment material which schools are going to use for end point assessments will be released on the 26th of April for everyone however mark schemes will be kept secure. It will be hard to cheat because there will be lots of tests for each subject being released eg. for physics instead of 1 test paper being released there will be about 9 and the teachers can choose which questions they wish to put on the test.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by dgupt
The 2019 and 2020 tests are being released next year but the 2021 additional assessment material which schools are going to use for end point assessments will be released on the 26th of April for everyone however mark schemes will be kept secure. It will be hard to cheat because there will be lots of tests for each subject being released eg. for physics instead of 1 test paper being released there will be about 9 and the teachers can choose which questions they wish to put on the test.

Are the additional assessments not 2020 and 2019 tho?
Are the additional assessments not 2020 and 2019 tho?

The additional material is a mixture of questions from 2017-2020.. there are no new questions.. all theyve done is created a list of questions which are under "easy,medium,hard" kind of thing and the teachers mix and match as much as they want.. theyre not gonna put up the whole 2019 or 20 papers though
The additional material is a mixture of questions from 2017-2020.. there are no new questions.. all theyve done is created a list of questions which are under "easy,medium,hard" kind of thing and the teachers mix and match as much as they want.. theyre not gonna put up the whole 2019 or 20 papers though

So they basically are releasing 2020 then.
So they basically are releasing 2020 then.

Not the full papers no. Maybe some questions and no markshemes will be released.
Not the full papers no. Maybe some questions and no markshemes will be released.

thats so stupid tho. Everyone can easily work out the answers and get close to 100%
thats so stupid tho. Everyone can easily work out the answers and get close to 100%

Lol it would actually be really hard to remember 100s of questions. The 2019 papers were really hard and you wouldn't even get 30% even if you searched them up.
Lol it would actually be really hard to remember 100s of questions. The 2019 papers were really hard and you wouldn't even get 30% even if you searched them up.

they could ask teachers and other students for answers. Idk though, I still think this way of doing things is really stupid

Quick Reply

Latest