The Student Room Group

My 90 year old grandad has covid..

He lives in a third world country... is he gonna survive? I’m so scared...

Scroll to see replies

(edited 3 years ago)
Sorry to hear that, does he have severe symptoms? Some survive, others don't
Reply 3
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Unfortunately I think you already know what the answer is...
There’s a chance he may survive, but it’s a very slim chance

Thank you for your honesty... my whole family back home have it. I don’t know what to do
Reply 4
Original post by cooltowering
Sorry to hear that, does he have severe symptoms? Some survive, others don't

So fair no major symptoms
Reply 5
Even at that age, most who get covid will survive. The odds will get worse if he develops severe symptoms though.
Original post by Imsosad123

Sorry to hear that man👍 not sure if he will or will not but I hope they take good care of him regardless 👍

I'm sorry to hear that OP. Don't lose hope. Hopefully, he will get through this. :console:
Reply 8
Original post by Talon
Even at that age, most who get covid will survive. The odds will get worse if he develops severe symptoms though.

Thank you so much 🥺
Reply 9
Original post by 5hyl33n
I'm sorry to hear that OP. Don't lose hope. Hopefully, he will get through this. :console:

Thank you so much omg 🥺
That's peak man. :no:
There's be n 100+ year old people that have survived COVID-19 so don't lose hope! Sending prayers for you and your family!
how are his symptoms? I give my parents zinc, vitamin C and vitamin B. I also read nasal sprays such as Vicks First Defence, Xlear, Taffix and Nasaleze (I use Travel) reduce the risk of developing severe symptoms/help with fighting covid. It's always worth a shot! I use Nasaleze or Taffix as a protection (e.g. when I have to go out) and Xlear is meant to "kill" the virus (grapefruit extract or something) so you can use both. I will keep your grandad in my prayers <3
Another thing to remember is that despite everything, more people (even elderly) survive it vs not survive. Stay positive.

My grandad got covid aged 82 (had diabetes and hypertension) in India, he didnt need go to hospital.
He has every chance of making it through!!! I hope he gets better soon...
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Unfortunately I think you already know what the answer is...
There’s a chance he may survive, but it’s a very slim chance

May I suggest you remove this post, this is likely a hard time for the OP already without you vastly exagerating this. He more likely has at least a 70% chance of survival. We can't know all the details, but this may provide a little reassurance https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/covid-pandemic-mortality-risk-estimator
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
There's be n 100+ year old people that have survived COVID-19 so don't lose hope! Sending prayers for you and your family!

Thank you sooo much 🥺🥰
Original post by Anonymous
My grandad got covid aged 82 (had diabetes and hypertension) in India, he didnt need go to hospital.
He has every chance of making it through!!! I hope he gets better soon...

This gives me so much hope! Thank you so much!
Today, my grandad past away. Idk what to feel. I have been crying for the past 15 minutes since I found out. I’m so angry and mad that my family back home couldn’t social distance and keep him safe. I miss him so much already.
Today, my grandad past away. Idk what to feel. I have been crying for the past 15 minutes since I found out. I’m so angry and mad that my family back home couldn’t social distance and keep him safe. I miss him so much already.

I'm so sorry. I know the feeling, it may not feel like it but trust me, it will get better. He's watching over you as we speak, and he'll always be with you. Sending prayers to you and your family :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest