The Student Room Group

in need motivation to study

can someone give me tips to find motivation to study
dont stay awake till 3 in the morning
sleep early wake up at 8/9 am
use flashcards- memorise things
use revision guides
past papers are really good

watch 'i failed my gcse's' or ' i failed my alevels' depends what youre doing . they help lmao
Reply 2
Original post by year11studentx
dont stay awake till 3 in the morning
sleep early wake up at 8/9 am
use flashcards- memorise things
use revision guides
past papers are really good

watch 'i failed my gcse's' or ' i failed my alevels' depends what youre doing . they help lmao

these are great but i have no exams all my work is course work
Original post by KatyyPetch
can someone give me tips to find motivation to study

Hey @KatyyPetch

Sorry to hear that you're feeling this way :frown: Revision can be really stressful as there's so much to do but I found it really helpful to stick to the same schedule I had in school. This allowed me to work at specific times of the day and I was able to have a free evening once I finished revising. Working in this way also helped me focus as I took a break in the morning and an hour out for lunch so I was sticking to a routine that I was used to. Usually, I'd watch some tv or go out for a walk during my lunch break.

Everyone revises differently and as you mentioned you are assessed on your course work. I didn’t have any exams in my undergraduate degree. After I had a plan for an essay, I would write out my introduction then two paragraphs and take a break afterwards. Usually my essays were 2,000 words so I felt that this was a nice way to break up essay writing. If you can, get up early and get your revision finished so that you have some time to yourself in the evening :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey @KatyyPetch

Sorry to hear that you're feeling this way :frown: Revision can be really stressful as there's so much to do but I found it really helpful to stick to the same schedule I had in school. This allowed me to work at specific times of the day and I was able to have a free evening once I finished revising. Working in this way also helped me focus as I took a break in the morning and an hour out for lunch so I was sticking to a routine that I was used to. Usually, I'd watch some tv or go out for a walk during my lunch break.

Everyone revises differently and as you mentioned you are assessed on your course work. I didn’t have any exams in my undergraduate degree. After I had a plan for an essay, I would write out my introduction then two paragraphs and take a break afterwards. Usually my essays were 2,000 words so I felt that this was a nice way to break up essay writing. If you can, get up early and get your revision finished so that you have some time to yourself in the evening :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador

thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending