The Student Room Group

are they releasing both 19 and 20 papers in easter for a level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LOKIIIII
xxx

The mini exams are gonna be released on 19th april. Guys please dont waste your money.
Reply 41
Original post by Unknown1232003
Lol it would actually be really hard to remember 100s of questions. The 2019 papers were really hard and you wouldn't even get 30% even if you searched them up.

so would they use old spec questions or is it just from 2017-2020
Reply 42
Original post by Unknown1232003
Lol it would actually be really hard to remember 100s of questions. The 2019 papers were really hard and you wouldn't even get 30% even if you searched them up.

have you seen them or is this an assumption
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Jack346
so would they use old spec questions or is it just from 2017-2020

The additional material is 2017-2020 questions but its up to your teachers if they want to use them or not. Some teachers may choose to use old spec questions to test you if they wish to do so.
Original post by Jack346

I have seen the 2019 ones (done them for mocks) and they were really hard.
a

Original post by Estelle34
Are the additional assessments not 2020 and 2019 tho?

There are some questions that will be from the 2017-2020 papers however there will also be new questions which will be from the 2021 test papers that were supposed to take place
Original post by Jack346

Our teacher showed us the 2021 additional material not the actual questions just the front cover and for maths edexcel alone there were at least 12 or 13 test papers, each paper is worth about 58 marks.
(edited 3 years ago)
they could ask teachers and other students for answers. Idk though, I still think this way of doing things is really stupid

It does seem stupid to do but because there are so many questions you would have to memorise for each subject it's almost impossible to do so in such little time. However lets assume someone did learn all the answers and the only way to do so would be to research the answers for the questions and memorise them, if they did their actual gcses they would probably do just as well due to the amount of exam practise they did.
Original post by dgupt
It does seem stupid to do but because there are so many questions you would have to memorise for each subject it's almost impossible to do so in such little time. However lets assume someone did learn all the answers and the only way to do so would be to research the answers for the questions and memorise them, if they did their actual gcses they would probably do just as well due to the amount of exam practise they did.

Whats more stupid is that they didnt want to release during easter so that people dont cram.. but cramming is gonna get worse from 19th april because we have less time to go through them🤦*♀️
Original post by Ranger33
No. The exam papers will be kept secure until next year, for the 2020 series and 2019 papers will be released this year. Contact your examboard or exam centre to clear it up for you

This makes no sense to me. Can't understand why they would say exams are cancelled then schools get a fresh set of exam questions for the mocks anyway. So exams basically aren't cancelled
they could ask teachers and other students for answers. Idk though, I still think this way of doing things is really stupid

it will still be hard to cheat , dw others focus on urself!
Original post by dgupt
a

There are some questions that will be from the 2017-2020 papers however there will also be new questions which will be from the 2021 test papers that were supposed to take place

Nope, I've seen the Additional Assessment Material for Edexcel A level Maths and they're only from set papers, 2018-2020. That's it. Nothing new. There is an editable word document and a PDF. Also with a different document that contains the ms of the topic test (you have topics from 1-10, pure and stats/mechanics) and a mapping grid
(edited 3 years ago)
No. The exam papers will be kept secure until next year, for the 2020 series and 2019 papers will be released this year. Contact your examboard or exam centre to clear it up for you

Is it correct to say that the previously (officially) unavailable exam questions from 2019 and 2020 are being released,
but they are not being released as exam papers, rather as questions in a question bank

And the Mark Schemes are not being released. (Is there a reason given for this.)

Edexcel also have a lot of supplementary material eg

Mock 1 and Mock 2 (I think)

Specimen Paper (is there more than one)

Practice Papers (A to Q from memory)

SAMs

maybe others besides.

What, if any, of this is being released?

Is there an official statement. I've scoured various JCQ documents TES, AQA, and Edexcel websites, and, God help me, Twitter, but can't find anything that I can make sense of.
Original post by Surfer Rosa
Is it correct to say that the previously (officially) unavailable exam questions from 2019 and 2020 are being released,
but they are not being released as exam papers, rather as questions in a question bank

And the Mark Schemes are not being released. (Is there a reason given for this.)

SAMs

maybe others besides.

Is there an official statement. I've scoured various JCQ documents TES, AQA, and Edexcel websites, and, God help me, Twitter, but can't find anything that I can make sense of.

Mark schemes are not being released to limit people cheating because if you have the questions in order to to find the answer you have research and then learn it, which makes it a form of revision whereas if you memorize the specific answer from the mark scheme then it's not really revision is it.
The 2020 and 2019 test papers are not being released however the 2021 additional assessment material is which will contain a few questions from the 2020 and 2019 test papers.

On the AQA site it says this about the assessments - "Assessment materials are based on questions from past papers and will also include a proportion of questions for every subject that haven’t previously been publicly released."
Nope, I've seen the Additional Assessment Material for Edexcel A level Maths and they're only from set papers, 2018-2020. That's it. Nothing new. There is an editable word document and a PDF. Also with a different document that contains the ms of the topic test (you have topics from 1-10, pure and stats/mechanics) and a mapping grid

I've not looked at the alevel material, I've only seen the gcse material but it does say on the aqa website that - "Assessment materials are based on questions from past papers and will also include a proportion of questions for every subject that haven’t previously been publicly released."
Original post by dgupt
I've not looked at the alevel material, I've only seen the gcse material but it does say on the aqa website that - "Assessment materials are based on questions from past papers and will also include a proportion of questions for every subject that haven’t previously been publicly released."

"haven’t previously been publicly released" means the secured papers
Original post by Surfer Rosa

SAMs

maybe others besides.

Hi, the maths teams at edexcel have been banging on for the past few days about 2019 and 2020 papers being made public however now they are saying they are waiting for confirmation from the senior management team before a formal announcement is made.

any chance you could send me this? lol
Original post by modernjosh
any chance you could send me this? lol

No chance. Lol
Reply 59

so there isn't old spec questions in additional materials like questions from the old spec only new spec questions
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest