The Student Room Group

I want to loose weight help..

So i have been obese like ever since i was 13 and want to loose wait and fit as it comes in summer i want to exercise and loose weight in order for me to do normal things?Also i just feel like i want to be thin and not fat as i always want to feel how it is

I would like to change my habits and not to become fate again lol...

im only 16 so i want to feel like i am fit

I feel like i am fat and useless like i want to not be fat i do not know why?...

am i obese in the pictures?

guys do you have any tips or tricks in how to loose weight please guysss..?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Reply 2
Attachment not found
Reply 3
bymmo
Original post by Anonymous
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

I have to admit you look obese. To lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit. Maybe look up some meal plans to start off with
Reply 5
Original post by Iasona
I have to admit you look obese. To lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit. Maybe look up some meal plans to start off with

ohh ok thank you for telling me and yh i will need to do a calorie deficit and yh i will thanks
Reply 6
You need to be in a calorie deficit so to loose 1lb of fat a week you need to cut your calories by 500 a day. You need to exercise more too.
There aren't many special tips or secrets to losing weight at the end of the day just like any goal it depends on you and how motivated you are. The most important thing is to say consistent, every day and every action matters. If you plan to exercise every day - you exercise every day. If you plan to stick to a diet - you stick to it. You do whatever it is you set out to do - no excuses. It's fine to take breaks and it can even help you stay motivated but you have to remember that everything has an impact. If you decide to skip out on exercise for a day that's fine but don't go and then binge on a bag of sweets. Keep your goal in mind. There is absolutely no need to go crazy and work out 4 hours a day or go do intermittent fasting. Just like how a chocolate bar a day can add up to obesity, choosing to not eat that crisp when you could have an apple or being bothered to walk instead of getting the car - all help you to become fitter and happier. There is plenty of good advice online to help you get started. Push through at the start and soon it will all become routine. Good Luck.
Hey, first of all you’re not “useless”. What makes you think that? Don’t base your worth on how much you weigh. You’re more than the number on the scale. Losing weight isn’t going to suddenly make you feel all happy and “useful”. You need to love yourself regardless of your weight. Lose weight not because you see yourself as “useless” but because you love yourself and want to take care of yourself and lead a healthier life.

Secondly, would advice you go to your GP first if you want the best advice. I can’t see the picture but you should ask your doctor about whether you’re “obese” or not and what steps you should take to lead a healthier lifestyle.

Generally speaking, if you want to lose weight, exercise and a healthy diet is your best option. Choose an exercise routine that you enjoy AND that you can maintain. It doesn’t have to be anything crazy or intense. You can start off by walking more or do some yoga 3x a week and then build up from there. As for diet, again it’s best you consult your dietician for this. Don’t fall for the trap of Fad diets. Trust me, they are not sustainable. Consistency is the key. Be patient. Trust the process.

Your goal is to live a better lifestyle that not only helps you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight but to live a happy and healthy life.

As corny and cliche as this sounds, remember that you need to love yourself during this process, not once you’ve lost weight or look a certain way.

Again, this is just general advice. Consult your GP first!!
So i have been obese like ever since i was 13 and want to loose wait and fit as it comes in summer i want to exercise and loose weight in order for me to do normal things?Also i just feel like i want to be thin and not fat as i always want to feel how it is

I feel like i am fat and useless like i want to not be fat i do not know why?...

Eat a little bit less (not too much less though, as that can be unhealthy), and exercise more - that's the best way to lose weight, but don't expect results instantly (maybe after a few months you should be slightly thinner). However don't allow your appearance or weight to impact your mental health and if you feel upset then talk to someone about it. And don't forget that being slighter larger than other people doesn't automatically mean you're less attractive. Good luck :smile:

Cant see the pics but how much do you weigh and how tall are you?
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
on the scale i weigh 10 kg and i m height is 5 ft 6
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Try Weight Watchers or Slimming World as you need to lose a lot of weight and you don’t want to create other issues for yourself. A community like that will also be beneficial for your mental state as you progress.

do you mean 10 stone? as a 1 year old baby weighs about 10 kg xx
Reply 17

10kg can be right you would be very underweight if you were 10kg my lab weight 34kg. Do you mean 100kg or 10stone?
(edited 3 years ago)

be careful not to try and starve yourself through the day because by evening youll end up bingeing on more calories than if you eat healthy throughout the day!
How do people ever see the attachments they legit never work for me

If you want to lose weight you need to first think to yourself why you want to lose weight. If its to 'look fit' etc that's well and all but you will probably give up very quickly if that's the case. You will always have determination for your first week or two but after that it starts to fade, so you need to constantly keep yourself determined to lose weight

Don't set yourself unrealistic goals like 3-5 pounds a week or cut your calories in half (like 2500 to 1250 straight away) cause you will notice the hunger and will want to eat unhealthy foods. The trick that I used before was to slowly fade away the unhealthy foods. Like if you ate a chocolate bar a day, change that at first to a chocolate bar every two days and replace that bar with something healthier like proper corn etc for the other day.

Losing a pound a week is the most ideal. Maybe two. If you lose more than that then you might be eating too little and setting yourself up for more serious medical conditions later down the line. The most important thing is that you probably won't notice a difference straight away. Sizes on your clothes is sometimes a better indicator than the scales. If you weigh more one week, you will probably stop and give up, so don't weigh yourself every single day/week.

Quick Reply

Latest