The Student Room Group

IELTS

i need to take this IELTS exam, but is it something like A-level which only occurs once a year?

Or, can you do them as much as you can, so like taking one exam every month before its result releases??
Original post by AsKim
i need to take this IELTS exam, but is it something like A-level which only occurs once a year?

Or, can you do them as much as you can, so like taking one exam every month before its result releases??

You can book them throughout the year, (subject to availability, they typically get very busy on the run up to A-Level results time).
As above, you can take as many times and as often as you need to.
Original post by Admit-One
You can book them throughout the year, (subject to availability, they typically get very busy on the run up to A-Level results time).

would it be okay if i keep take it before IELTs result release?
Original post by McGinger
As above, you can take as many times and as often as you need to.

Original post by AsKim

You will get each result very quickly - so you would then know if you needed to retake it.
Original post by McGinger
You will get each result very quickly - so you would then know if you needed to retake it.

ah okay thats cool thanks

oh and another question, will university be able to see my previous results of IELTs or is it just the case where they only see the final result and dont need to submit the previous
Original post by AsKim

Yes, you can retake the test even before you’ve had the results from a previous one.

It might be useful to know which area of the component scores was your weakest before retaking though. The results might help your preparation for the next test.
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, you can retake the test even before you’ve had the results from a previous one.

It might be useful to know which area of the component scores was your weakest before retaking though. The results might help your preparation for the next test.

ah okay okay thanks! thats cool
Original post by AsKim
ah okay okay thanks! thats cool

Hi AsKim,

I am writing from We Love IELTS, we have a range of free preparation tools including our blogs which may help you in preparing for IELTS and give you the confidence on test day!

We combine the experience and expertise of two world-leading departments of the University of Cambridge Cambridge Assessment English and Cambridge University Press to bring you official Cambridge IELTS preparation materials. I have added some links below which I think will be most helpful for your preparation:

Website: https://weloveielts.cambridge.org/ (you can find support per skill)
Blog: https://weloveielts.cambridge.org/blog
Facebook or Instagram: @weloveielts (our team are on hand to answer any of your questions)

Hope this helps!
NA, We Love IELTS

Quick Reply

Latest