abbiet0311
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey everyone! I have recently firmed UEA for 2021 to study media studies and I am very excited!

You can use this as a place to find others who have firmed it as well

Would love to 'meet' you guys and find out what you applied for and what you study now!
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by abbiet0311)
Hey everyone! I have recently firmed UEA for 2021 to study media studies and I am very excited!

Would love to 'meet' you guys and find out what you applied for and what you study now!
Hi abbiet0311,
Congratulations on firming UEA!
If you have any questions please let us know.
Sophie
abbiet0311
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep)
Hi abbiet0311,
Congratulations on firming UEA!
If you have any questions please let us know.
Sophie
Hi!! thank you so much, I am so excited!!

I have one question about getting a part time job. Are there any opportunities to apply for a part time job on campus? Or is it preferred to apply for one off of campus? : )
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi!! thank you so much, I am so excited!!

I have one question about getting a part time job. Are there any opportunities to apply for a part time job on campus? Or is it preferred to apply for one off of campus? : )
Hi abbiet0311!

Part time jobs at UEA are super easy to get as UEA and the SU employ a lot of students year round, there lots of jobs which I'll list below:

- events staff: student nights, box office, bar staff, kitchen staff etc
- unio: our amazing coffee shop on campus run by students
- SU shop: also completely run by students!
- student ambassadors and media ambassadors: this is what me and sophie do, but can include anything from doing applicant days to currently working at the COVID testing unit on campus!

On top of those, there's lots of jobs and internships that are perfect for students that get advertised on MyCareerCentral, which is the career service at UEA, it's kinda like indeed!

If there's any other questions you have, let us know and me or sophie will help you out!

Becca
abbiet0311
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep)
Hi abbiet0311!

Part time jobs at UEA are super easy to get as UEA and the SU employ a lot of students year round, there lots of jobs which I'll list below:

- events staff: student nights, box office, bar staff, kitchen staff etc
- unio: our amazing coffee shop on campus run by students
- SU shop: also completely run by students!
- student ambassadors and media ambassadors: this is what me and sophie do, but can include anything from doing applicant days to currently working at the COVID testing unit on campus!

On top of those, there's lots of jobs and internships that are perfect for students that get advertised on MyCareerCentral, which is the career service at UEA, it's kinda like indeed!

If there's any other questions you have, let us know and me or sophie will help you out!

Becca
thank you so much! are they something you apply for when you're there or in the summer before we go? : )
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank you so much! are they something you apply for when you're there or in the summer before we go? : )
Hi abbiet0311,
When I applied for jobs with uni, it was a few weeks into the first semester. As Becca said, there are a variety of jobs, and they all have slightly different application times and processes. Once you start uni, keep an eye out on career central and your emails, I know that when I was in first year, student ambassadors advertised at the freshers fair as well.
If you wanted a part-time job outside of uni, it might be worth looking over the summer, as they will hire at different times to the university.
Let us know of you have any other questions
Sophie
ssenri
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

heyy i applied for a different course to you (biomedicine BSc) but i've also firmed my choice and want to meet other people coming to uea regardless of what we're all studying ^w^ I currently do biology, chemistry, psychology and and EPQ at a level! im really excited to come here, I just need to make the grades since my entry requirements are BBB with A in the epq or ABB and im currently predicted BCAA (bio/chem/psych/epq)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (151)
43.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.8%

Watched Threads