The Student Room Group

withdrawing from sixth form

hello

I think i want to withdraw from sixth form. I have been dealing with some issues.

But I also plan on becoming a clinical psychologist. What are my options after I were to withdraw

I have been feeling demotivated and unable to revise over the fear of failure and issues at home
First of all, I just wanna say I also feel like quitting sixth form all the time. I've been dealing with some mental health issues and constantly feel like quitting for fear of failing, especially as my parents are paying so much for tuitions and expect me to get a job in a field that I don't want to go into. Just take it one day at a time. That's what I'm doing too. Think about what you're doing before you quit and then later regret it. You are getting 'free' education right now, but just think once you turn 19, it won't be free, so if you do regret leaving sixth form and consider going back in the future, you will have to pay for it, and it's not cheap either. Also, consider getting a side job, so that you can observe yourself doing difficult tasks, and this may motivate you to try studying even when you find it difficult. To become a clinical psychologist, you will need a level 3 qualification so if you are considering quitting sixth form, perhaps try studying at a college, where you could try doing BTECs instead of A Levels, or vice versa depending on what you're currently doing. Or try doing an apprenticeship, there may not be many for your chosen field, but there are definitely a few I'm sure.

But my main tip would be don't quit just yet and consider what your future will look like if you don't complete sixth form, and if you still want to quit, you should think about trying a different Level 3 qualification. Maybe, you could just finish your sixth form years and then go to a college and do a subject you really enjoy, rather than going straight to uni.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SimSim0303
First of all, I just wanna say I also feel like quitting sixth form all the time. I've been dealing with some mental health issues and constantly feel like quitting for fear of failing, especially as my parents are paying so much for tuitions and expect me to get a job in a field that I don't want to go into. Just take it one day at a time. That's what I'm doing too. Think about what you're doing before you quit and then later regret it. You are getting 'free' education right now, but just think once you turn 19, it won't be free, so if you do regret leaving sixth form and consider going back in the future, you will have to pay for it, and it's not cheap either. Also, consider getting a side job, so that you can observe yourself doing difficult tasks, and this may motivate you to try studying even when you find it difficult. To become a clinical psychologist, you will need a level 3 qualification so if you are considering quitting sixth form, perhaps try studying at a college, where you could try doing BTECs instead of A Levels, or vice versa depending on what you're currently doing. Or try doing an apprenticeship, there may not be many for your chosen field, but there are definitely a few I'm sure.

But my main tip would be don't quit just yet and consider what your future will look like if you don't complete sixth form, and if you still want to quit, you should think about trying a different Level 3 qualification. Maybe, you could just finish your sixth form years and then go to a college and do a subject you really enjoy, rather than going straight to uni.

Same my mum is paying for me to go to tuition. Do you do a level chem physics or maths by any chance?
Original post by Anonymous
Same my mum is paying for me to go to tuition. Do you do a level chem physics or maths by any chance?

Yes I do A Level maths, I'm finding it quite difficult and it's a huge step up from GCSE maths
Reply 4
Original post by SimSim0303
Yes I do A Level maths, I'm finding it quite difficult and it's a huge step up from GCSE maths

how have you been revising for stats
Original post by Anonymous
how have you been revising for stats

I don't really revise much lol, but try doing a few questions from the textbook, today I used a website called maths genie which has videos teaching pretty much the whole syllabus and then it has a set of questions and answers on each topic and it's all for free. It has pure, stats and mechanics for both AS and A Levels. So far, I've found it great and pretty useful.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest