The Student Room Group

How do you handle failure?

This is my first semester on public uni and im not doing good at all. I was really good student in high school, always doing best, but now.. Everytime when I start to study, my anxiety hits it, and I became really stressful and can't memorize anything.. I see other people doing fine, but I feel so stupid
Im studying what I really like, I knew that uni is totally different than high school, but i didn't expect for me to be this hard
I get really pissed off and then I convert the negative energy to something positive like working a lot harder.
Reply 2
Break things and shout at people
Lmao things I regret in the future
Learning is hardwork.Study repeatedly and you will be able to memorize it.It involves both work and time.Write the notes.Writing the notes burns the concept into your brain.To keep mind peaceful,train your mind with meditation.You will able to get better focus and more concentration.Be confident.Hope it will help you.Good luck!
Get abb, get rejected by uni of Manchester

Go go non russel group, study a course far more statistical than I imagined. 0 motivation, never leave room before 2PM

End first year with 49%.

Beginning of 2nd year, have macbook stolen. Loose motivation even more. Develop chronic fatigue by mid November

Life finished
Future career over
Reply 6
It's pretty much the hardest thing to do in life. As numb.7 said though its best to use failures in a positive way to motivate you in the future when you do fail. Really though the only real way to deal with it is to tough it out, that's life it takes no prisoners.
The buzz word in my life right now is growth mindset. It is the idea that effort is more important than success and failure is an opportunity to learn and get better.

High achievers often have fixed mindsets which prevent them from pushing themselves to their full potential, the fear of failure being the main driver for not achieving.

So don't fear failure. If you fail make sure you do something different next time. And remember, the journey is more important than the destination.

Good luck!
Reply 8
Dust meself off, get over it, go again.
I don't
Original post by yelena1
This is my first semester on public uni and im not doing good at all. I was really good student in high school, always doing best, but now.. Everytime when I start to study, my anxiety hits it, and I became really stressful and can't memorize anything.. I see other people doing fine, but I feel so stupid
Im studying what I really like, I knew that uni is totally different than high school, but i didn't expect for me to be this hard

My grades are so bad. I failed A levels I got CDE and rejected from university. I am 18 and doing a BTEC right now. I am a failure. I am going to either have to get Distinction/Merit in BTEC or do Access course. FML.
Original post by Anonymous
My grades are so bad. I failed A levels I got CDE and rejected from university. I am 18 and doing a BTEC right now. I am a failure. I am going to either have to get Distinction/Merit in BTEC or do Access course. FML.

You aint a failure. You're just on a path to greater success.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending