The Student Room Group

How do I stop caring about how many likes I have on titkok😭

Ive started posting, and I've posted on video and it's got 43 views and 7 likes- and 6 of those likes are my friends.
I see other accounts with 200 views and they have 80 likes, and I cant help but feel 😭

Does anyone have any advice 😪🥺
Reply 1
*one video. (It's my first)
This'll sound harsh but there's definitely more to life than social media and likes.

Think of all the people in history who made discoveries and did great things. Did they do them to be famous? No. Their main motivation was to achieve and do things and feel good about themselves.

Focus on how you feel about what you're doing and saying and posting. Try to live your life more offline than online (ie don't post everything you do or think).

Social media tends to increase insecurity rather than develop confidence. You may need to work on yourself by exploring your thoughts and improving your resilience so that stuff like this bothers you less.

If you still want to produce content that gets noticed, maybe ask the popular accounts for tips or see what they're doing that you're not. If it's something you can do differently then do so but if not then it isn't worth dwelling on.

There'll always be people 'better' and people 'worse' than you. Maybe you could change your perspective and help someone who is even less experienced than you or even volunteer to help those less fortunate. Focus on what you have rather than what you lack.
Delete it?
Reply 4
Original post by IlikeDonerKebab
Delete it?

I thought it was a good/funny video though🥺

Original post by BohemianPhysics
This'll sound harsh but there's definitely more to life than social media and likes.

Think of all the people in history who made discoveries and did great things. Did they do them to be famous? No. Their main motivation was to achieve and do things and feel good about themselves.

Focus on how you feel about what you're doing and saying and posting. Try to live your life more offline than online (ie don't post everything you do or think).

Social media tends to increase insecurity rather than develop confidence. You may need to work on yourself by exploring your thoughts and improving your resilience so that stuff like this bothers you less.

If you still want to produce content that gets noticed, maybe ask the popular accounts for tips or see what they're doing that you're not. If it's something you can do differently then do so but if not then it isn't worth dwelling on.

There'll always be people 'better' and people 'worse' than you. Maybe you could change your perspective and help someone who is even less experienced than you or even volunteer to help those less fortunate. Focus on what you have rather than what you lack.

Thank you x. It's just that it seems really fun (tiktok, I mean)
Original post by Anonymous
I thought it was a good/funny video though🥺

Thank you x. It's just that it seems really fun (tiktok, I mean)

Not ur video lol- I meant tiktok
Original post by Anonymous
Ive started posting, and I've posted on video and it's got 43 views and 7 likes- and 6 of those likes are my friends.
I see other accounts with 200 views and they have 80 likes, and I cant help but feel 😭

Does anyone have any advice 😪🥺

delete tik tok
Think of it this way: it doesn’t pay you.

You’ll forget about this stuff in approximately 5 years
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by IlikeDonerKebab
Not ur video lol- I meant tiktok

Original post by KikiTheYeagerist
delete tik tok

But I really like watching tiktoks😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending