The Student Room Group

NYT (National Youth Theatre) Forum

Hey just wanted to make a forum for those auditioning for NYT this year, those who are already in NYT and basically anyone interested...

I'm sending my tape off soonnn!

Those who already have sent theirs, have you found out about your recall? Has anyone had their recall yet?

Good luck to everyone! x
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I submitted mine a week ago and haven’t heard back yet. Good luck, I know you are going to smash it! :smile:
Original post by Kit-ching31
I submitted mine a week ago and haven’t heard back yet. Good luck, I know you are going to smash it! :smile:

Thank you!
Good luckkk and let me know when you hear back :smile:
Original post by f_ student room
Hey just wanted to make a forum for those auditioning for NYT this year, those who are already in NYT and basically anyone interested...

Those who already have sent theirs, have you found out about your recall? Has anyone had their recall yet?

Good luck to everyone! x

where do i find monologues also good luckkkk

Good luck to everyone! x

Heya!

I’ve had a recall already now I need to wait for the 12th of May!

Does anyone here know what getting recalled by the NYT mean? Are you still being selected or they’ve already made up their mind and just wanna see you in person? Cause on the website it says “we’ll only recall those we’d like to meet in person this summer”

Good luck to those still auditioning!
Original post by Catarina2021
Heya!

I’ve had a recall already now I need to wait for the 12th of May!

Does anyone here know what getting recalled by the NYT mean? Are you still being selected or they’ve already made up their mind and just wanna see you in person? Cause on the website it says “we’ll only recall those we’d like to meet in person this summer”

Good luck to those still auditioning!

It isn't guaranteed at this point. Getting a recall is like being put on a short list I guess.

Were you part of the first batch with your recall in February then? What was it like?
I applied in the second batch meaning I don't find out until April 6th if I've been recalled I don't think.
Original post by blue.jeans
It isn't guaranteed at this point. Getting a recall is like being put on a short list I guess.

Were you part of the first batch with your recall in February then? What was it like?
I applied in the second batch meaning I don't find out until April 6th if I've been recalled I don't think.

Yes I was on the first batch! I applied by the 29th January and my audition was at the start of February.

It went super well, I think. It was on zoom. You get in this room where everyone else who’s auditioning is and then you go to a breakout room where a member of the panel is. Is just one person and literally the audition is just a very relaxing and casual conversation between tow people. At some point they’ve asked me why I wanted to be a part of NYT, something interesting/fun about myself but in general was just a random conversation haha - just be yourself really you’ll be fine!
Oh and of course you’ll have to perform your piece again and they give you feedback on what their thoughts were about your performance (at least they did for me)
I asked if I did not want to sing that would jeopardize my audition and they said it wouldn’t so I didn’t!

And that’s pretty much it :smile:

Good luck and let me know how it went x
Yes I was on the first batch! I applied by the 29th January and my audition was at the start of February.

It went super well, I think. It was on zoom. You get in this room where everyone else who’s auditioning is and then you go to a breakout room where a member of the panel is. Is just one person and literally the audition is just a very relaxing and casual conversation between tow people. At some point they’ve asked me why I wanted to be a part of NYT, something interesting/fun about myself but in general was just a random conversation haha - just be yourself really you’ll be fine!
Oh and of course you’ll have to perform your piece again and they give you feedback on what their thoughts were about your performance (at least they did for me)
I asked if I did not want to sing that would jeopardize my audition and they said it wouldn’t so I didn’t!

And that’s pretty much it :smile:

Good luck and let me know how it went x

Well done!
Does anyone know what happens after the recall? Are there any more rounds or do you just find out whether your in or not after the recall?

Also does anyone know the casting process once you're in?

I'm in the second batch so we'll find out our results for the recalls today ! Good luck to everyone xx
Does anyone know what happens after the recall? Are there any more rounds or do you just find out whether your in or not after the recall?

Also does anyone know the casting process once you're in?

I'm in the second batch so we'll find out our results for the recalls today ! Good luck to everyone xx

There’re only 2 rounds for NYT (self-tape and zoom audition). If you get recalled, after your recall you’ll get your results on the 12th May (everyone who got recalled gets their results on this day).

I was on the first batch, the waiting is torturous 😩

Hope everything goes well, good luck! 🍀
There’re only 2 rounds for NYT (self-tape and zoom audition). If you get recalled, after your recall you’ll get your results on the 12th May (everyone who got recalled gets their results on this day).

I was on the first batch, the waiting is torturous 😩

Hope everything goes well, good luck! 🍀

Hi! Does anyone know whether you find out if you don't get recalled. Do you find out either way ('You get a recall/You don't get a recall') or at this stage do they just send out recall emails? Good Luck all!
Original post by RexScelestus
Hi! Does anyone know whether you find out if you don't get recalled. Do you find out either way ('You get a recall/You don't get a recall') or at this stage do they just send out recall emails? Good Luck all!

Hadn't thought of that!
I would presume you would get notified with a standard email saying you were unsuccessful but I'm not sure to be honest.

Ah I'm still waitinggg
For those who got notified in the first batch, what time did they send you the email?
I'm so impatient lol
Hadn't thought of that!
I would presume you would get notified with a standard email saying you were unsuccessful but I'm not sure to be honest.

Ah I'm still waitinggg
For those who got notified in the first batch, what time did they send you the email?
I'm so impatient lol

Same! Meant to be revising but have been checking my inbox all morning. I am assuming that they send out a standard recall/no recall email but I am not quite sure as there is nothing on the website about it, it just says that all applicants will be notified whether their recall was successful or not. Good luck! You got this!
:angelwings::h::angelwings:

Original post by RexScelestus
Same! Meant to be revising but have been checking my inbox all morning. I am assuming that they send out a standard recall/no recall email but I am not quite sure as there is nothing on the website about it, it just says that all applicants will be notified whether their recall was successful or not. Good luck! You got this!

you toooo
Hadn't thought of that!

Ah I'm still waitinggg
I'm so impatient lol

I got my email around 2pm. It actually was a text on my phone hahah saying CONGRATULATIONS! following the rest of the message lol
:angelwings::h::angelwings:

you toooo

I can't pm yet because I only just joined tsr, I can see your pm tho. You can send me your insta if you want ?

For everyone else, Has anyone received anything yet???
Reply 16
I’m incredibly curious about this as well, having scoured the NYT website—I’m assuming if by the end of the business day of I haven’t received anything it’s a “no” for a recall, since today was the final day to hear.
Original post by SKK07
I’m incredibly curious about this as well, having scoured the NYT website—I’m assuming if by the end of the business day of I haven’t received anything it’s a “no” for a recall, since today was the final day to hear.

I guess? When I auditioned last year it was just a yes or a no at the end. I feel it is in NYT's nature to give you a 'yes' or a 'no' though as this is how they usually approach auditioning. However, seen as there is nobody on this thread who has heard a 'no' from the recall maybe they only email successful applicants.
Hi guys. I think they’re behind because they posted a tweet saying if successful you’ll hear by tomorrow 4pm. Not sure if that means no recall means no email now though...Good luck everyone! Hate the delay :frown:
Original post by mads_2202
Hi guys. I think they’re behind because they posted a tweet saying if successful you’ll hear by tomorrow 4pm. Not sure if that means no recall means no email now though...Good luck everyone! Hate the delay :frown:

Ah just saw that too :/
Only one more day to go haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending