The Student Room Group

W/London Work Coach Jan 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by bossman75
I did try call them and all they said was you have to wait...

Sooooo frustrating.
Reply 61
I did try call them and all they said was you have to wait...

Getting quite anxious over it.
It seems that they’ve given you a job
Then taken it away.
We’ve done all the right things and jumped through all of the hoops - very discouraging and disappointing.
Still let’s not be too defeatist- I just hope that the reserve list deadline gets extended as the deadline is just over a month away.
Original post by Zest888
Getting quite anxious over it.
It seems that they’ve given you a job
Then taken it away.
We’ve done all the right things and jumped through all of the hoops - very discouraging and disappointing.
Still let’s not be too defeatist- I just hope that the reserve list deadline gets extended as the deadline is just over a month away.

I am trying to stay positive but it gets harder each day
Reply 63
Hey guys
I know it’s sucks and I know exactly how you feel..
The recruitment process is just a bit of a shambles
Don’t lose hope but I found the best thing I did was to just carry on applying and accepting job offers and when the call comes it will come.
I’m sure now they’re just waiting for people to drop out before they come to you
I know it’s easier said than done but don’t dwell on it and just put it to the back of your mind.
The call will come when you least expect it
Reply 64
Original post by Priz95
Hey guys
I know it’s sucks and I know exactly how you feel..
The recruitment process is just a bit of a shambles
Don’t lose hope but I found the best thing I did was to just carry on applying and accepting job offers and when the call comes it will come.
I’m sure now they’re just waiting for people to drop out before they come to you
I know it’s easier said than done but don’t dwell on it and just put it to the back of your mind.
The call will come when you least expect it

Good morning. It’s a rubbish system tbh. 4 weeks to go till reserve list expires. I hope they extend it. They shouldn’t put you through all of this if there’s no job at the end of it. I understand about the reserve list and reasoning behind it. However you need to look at the flip side. People think they have a job and jump through the hoops. Then nothing .... they should keep in touch as it seems we are forgotten about now. We passed everything they threw at us and now - radio silence. Poor show. Looking at other jobs. Aware it’s a tough market out there but DWP please don’t muck people around as if they’re nothing. And also recruit according to the number of vacancies available and don’t over subscribe. This is a government department and would have thought better of them than this.
Original post by Zest888
Good morning. It’s a rubbish system tbh. 4 weeks to go till reserve list expires. I hope they extend it. They shouldn’t put you through all of this if there’s no job at the end of it. I understand about the reserve list and reasoning behind it. However you need to look at the flip side. People think they have a job and jump through the hoops. Then nothing .... they should keep in touch as it seems we are forgotten about now. We passed everything they threw at us and now - radio silence. Poor show. Looking at other jobs. Aware it’s a tough market out there but DWP please don’t muck people around as if they’re nothing. And also recruit according to the number of vacancies available and don’t over subscribe. This is a government department and would have thought better of them than this.

I agree. The funny thing is I already work at a job centre in the location I applied for as a AO. However, I have been working as a work coach ever since the pandemic started but have not been receiving the work coach salary. Now I passed the Work coach application its absurd to me how they are hiring new starters who they have to train up before me. Whilst I’m already doing the job but on the reserves list.
Reply 66
I agree. The funny thing is I already work at a job centre in the location I applied for as a AO. However, I have been working as a work coach ever since the pandemic started but have not been receiving the work coach salary. Now I passed the Work coach application its absurd to me how they are hiring new starters who they have to train up before me. Whilst I’m already doing the job but on the reserves list.

How ridiculous is that ..... it’s crazy crazy!!
You know the job
Have experience
Presumably no complaints/conflicts
Somethings not right ....... it’s not adding up
Going back to my situation- I applied / given provisional offer / passed all checks / on reserve ..... many questions left unanswered .....
Original post by Zest888
How ridiculous is that ..... it’s crazy crazy!!
You know the job
Have experience
Presumably no complaints/conflicts
Somethings not right ....... it’s not adding up
Going back to my situation- I applied / given provisional offer / passed all checks / on reserve ..... many questions left unanswered .....

Its beyond frustrating. I do know they are setting up new job centre bases in some locations. Only hope is there waiting for them to be set up before being allocated. However communication is just appalling.
I've been on the reserve list since 7th Feb, expiring 8th May and I've just been on the phone to them and been informed that there are currently no plans to extend the reserve list as there are no more campaigns... Not looking good for us who haven't been placed yet. :/
Reply 69
Original post by gtronicz
I've been on the reserve list since 7th Feb, expiring 8th May and I've just been on the phone to them and been informed that there are currently no plans to extend the reserve list as there are no more campaigns... Not looking good for us who haven't been placed yet. :/

This is so disappointing. All that time and effort and nothing at the end of it. Have to keep looking for something else. What a bad system. Would’ve thought that DWP of all departments should know better than to muck people around. It’s their job to find others jobs - and they’ve got this so wrong. At least keep us informed so you’re not hanging on. So angry and upset 😢
Reply 70
Its beyond frustrating. I do know they are setting up new job centre bases in some locations. Only hope is there waiting for them to be set up before being allocated. However communication is just appalling.

Hello- did you get offered anything? It’ll be interesting to know
Original post by Zest888
Hello- did you get offered anything? It’ll be interesting to know

nope
Original post by gtronicz

Hi sorry where did you get this information from about them not extending reserve list? From customer hub? Because I’ve seen a few people who reserve list has been extended ?
Received email reserve list extended to 30th June
Reply 74
Original post by oreg2009
Received email reserve list extended to 30th June

Great, Thats good news I guess in a way it giveS more time to be selected . Is there anyone who got taken off reserve as it expired . Hope we all get selected soon

I’m on the east London essex reserve list . Which one was u extended for ?
Reply 75
Original post by Lorraine12
Hi sorry where did you get this information from about them not extending reserve list? From customer hub? Because I’ve seen a few people who reserve list has been extended ?

I also got told the same from the help line when I called two weeks back. No plans to extend the reserve list . I believe the old campaigns from 2020 was extended but I don’t see hope for 2021 campaigns as it’s last ones as so they are saying

But I guess we can be hopefull they come through an take everyone on that’s waiting on reserved list! Which borough have u been put on reserve list for
Reply 76
Original post by Zest888
This is so disappointing. All that time and effort and nothing at the end of it. Have to keep looking for something else. What a bad system. Would’ve thought that DWP of all departments should know better than to muck people around. It’s their job to find others jobs - and they’ve got this so wrong. At least keep us informed so you’re not hanging on. So angry and upset 😢

Which region u on reserve for I’m on east London essex one
Original post by Bibirk
Great, Thats good news I guess in a way it giveS more time to be selected . Is there anyone who got taken off reserve as it expired . Hope we all get selected soon

I’m on the east London essex reserve list . Which one was u extended for ?

On West London reserve since 9th feb , been extended until end of June
Reply 78
Original post by oreg2009
On West London reserve since 9th feb , been extended until end of June

Ohk fingers crossed
Original post by Lorraine12

It was the customer hub. I also received the email about the list being extended til June 30th though so fingers crossed everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending