The Student Room Group

cancelling a deferred offer

hello. last year I was offered a place at university but I decided to defer my offer. now I no longer want to go, can I cancel my offer ? thank you for your help.
Original post by Ursula02
hello. last year I was offered a place at university but I decided to defer my offer. now I no longer want to go, can I cancel my offer ? thank you for your help.

Yes, just contact the uni in question. If you want to take part in this year’s application cycle, (even clearing), you should make them aware of this.
Original post by Ursula02

You can’t do it yourself. You need to write to admissions at your university to let then know and ask them to withdraw your application on Ucas.

Don’t forget to provide enough information so they can identify you (your UCAS ID, name and DOB ideally)
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, just contact the uni in question. If you want to take part in this year’s application cycle, (even clearing), you should make them aware of this.

great thank you.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You can’t do it yourself. You need to write to admissions at your university to let then know and ask them to withdraw your application on Ucas.

Don’t forget to provide enough information so they can identify you (your UCAS ID, name and DOB ideally)

ok. thank you for replying :smile:

Quick Reply