The Student Room Group

Vet med

what is a 2:1 degree. I have been looking at graduate entry vet med and it says that a 2:1 degree is required
Reply 1
Thank you, so does that just mean the level of the degree. Like how well you get graded?
Reply 2
What it is, is that I did a btec level 3 extended diploma in animal management, and because of this, i cannot get into vet med straight away without A levels aswell, so I have to do a degree in either bioveterinary science or zoology fist and then progress onto vet med.
it would be a lot cheaper to take the time out to get the A levels compared to doing a degree you don't actually want to do and then trying for graduate entry to vet med (which is even more competitive than undergrad entry due to the limited places). You will not get tuition fee funding for the 2nd degree so you will need to find the 5 x £9,250 fees from somewhere.
Reply 4
Original post by ReadingMum
it would be a lot cheaper to take the time out to get the A levels compared to doing a degree you don't actually want to do and then trying for graduate entry to vet med (which is even more competitive than undergrad entry due to the limited places). You will not get tuition fee funding for the 2nd degree so you will need to find the 5 x £9,250 fees from somewhere.

Yes!, I know, but zoology is my backup option so I want to do that incase I dont like vet med and also I want a degree in zoology so i could have the option to become a zoological vet if i wanted to be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending