The Student Room Group

Ive noticed this link with ibs symptoms but it’s too ridiculous to be causative

Now and again ‘l get symptoms similar to ibs ie feeling a bit sick, stomach cramps, loose stools. One time over a year ago I had extremely poor appetite for days/couldn’t eat much combined with an unwell/dizzy feeling, I slept loads.

Ive noticed though oddly enough it always seems to be when my manager is on annual leave and I’m relitavely on my own at work. It’s not really happened any other time. It must be a coincidence as firstly it’s too odd and secondly I’m not consciously worrying about work when he’s away. If anything I’m worried about my symptoms.

Am I losing it?
Reply 1
Stomach cramps and pains can be caused by stress which seems to be the case if its only when your manager is gone. It could have started out with you nervous about them leaving and your worries built to include worrying about the worrying ( not uncommon, stress can build upon itself ).
Speak to your GP.
Reply 2
Original post by Foxehh
Stomach cramps and pains can be caused by stress which seems to be the case if its only when your manager is gone. It could have started out with you nervous about them leaving and your worries built to include worrying about the worrying ( not uncommon, stress can build upon itself ).
Speak to your GP.

Ive always been anxious I’ve been to gp’s in the past etc. At the same time though I can be very laid back at work. In fact people have said I look like I don’t give a ****. Ive certainly passed a few today.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Ive always been anxious I’ve been to gp’s in the past etc. At the same time though I can be very laid back at work. In fact people have said I look like I don’t give a ****. Ive certainly passed a few today.

How others say you look like you feel shouldnt be your way to tell how you're feeling..
Even if you dont think thats the case, you should go to your GP. Nobody here on the internet can diagnose or treat you.
Do you eat at all differently when your boss is away?
Reply 5
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Do you eat at all differently when your boss is away?

No 🙁

Quick Reply