The Student Room Group

DWP EO Work Coach March 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 100chraaa
My first time too! When do you think we will hear a response?

I have admin experience but I took a gap to study.

Honestly I have no clue I’d like to think over the next few days as the other stages have moved quite quickly but from the posts on here possibly weeks 😩
Did you guys use all your time for most questions? Cut recording short on some?
Original post by NayAC174
Mine were similar I think but tbf it’s all a blur now 😂 there was def one about someone not wanting help n what would I do I remember because I couldn’t use my second example I had prepared n kind of had to wing it

And yes it appears everyone has had the same questions. But be warned if you are unsuccessful and apply for a future campaign, dont think those same quesitons will come up as its likely they'll be different. Not sure when they change it but apparently the first campaign (September2020?) was very different to this current one.
Original post by jessie97
Did you guys use all your time for most questions? Cut recording short on some?

Not really I like to talk only had 2 or 3 seconds spare 😂
Reply 24
Mine were similar I think but tbf it’s all a blur now 😂 there was def one about someone not wanting help n what would I do I remember because I couldn’t use my second example I had prepared n kind of had to wing it

Would you guys be able to offer any advice for how to approach or prep for the interview?
Original post by mbeezy
Would you guys be able to offer any advice for how to approach or prep for the interview?

Everyone’s styles are diff but for me I prefer to write things out highlight key words, phrases.
I wrote out the 3 behaviours from the CS behaviour pack then had 2 examples for each wrote out in STAR method. Looked on job websites help section for competency Q’s advice.
I also went onto glassdoor; if you look at the interview option people have uploaded the questions they were asked I wrote a few down and answered the questions with my answers..
I did my interview about 3 hours before the deadline so I had the most time to prepare and finally I filmed myself first doing practice questions, and watched it back (cringe 😂) so I could see how I looked and sounded that helped a lot.
I obviously don’t know if that’s any good advice or not as I’ve not had a reply and only took the test Sunday. But that’s what I did to prepare so I felt ready to interview and what I usually do tbh.
Hope that helps a little bit, you can also have your notes with you when you record so don’t feel like you have to memorise everything
Reply 26
Everyone’s styles are diff but for me I prefer to write things out highlight key words, phrases.
I wrote out the 3 behaviours from the CS behaviour pack then had 2 examples for each wrote out in STAR method. Looked on job websites help section for competency Q’s advice.
I also went onto glassdoor; if you look at the interview option people have uploaded the questions they were asked I wrote a few down and answered the questions with my answers..
I did my interview about 3 hours before the deadline so I had the most time to prepare and finally I filmed myself first doing practice questions, and watched it back (cringe 😂) so I could see how I looked and sounded that helped a lot.
I obviously don’t know if that’s any good advice or not as I’ve not had a reply and only took the test Sunday. But that’s what I did to prepare so I felt ready to interview and what I usually do tbh.
Hope that helps a little bit, you can also have your notes with you when you record so don’t feel like you have to memorise everything

That’s really helpful! Thank you 🙏🏿 and good luck!
Reply 27
It’s 2 questions per behaviour and it will show you what behaviour the question is addressing. To prep I went over the 3 behaviours on the civil service behaviour pack. I checked on glassdoor for the interview questions but please bear in mind the questions will most likely be slightly different to the ones posted online. I wrote out my examples and I tried to use words from both the job description and the behaviours in my answer. I did mine yesterday and just hoping to get a reply soon!
Honestly I have no clue I’d like to think over the next few days as the other stages have moved quite quickly but from the posts on here possibly weeks 😩

hi, have you heard back?
hi, have you heard back?

Nope still waiting 😩 have you heard anything ?
Hi guys ive got an email yesterday saying theyve given me an offer and location is leeds he was meant to call me to confirm it all but hasnt yet does anyone know how it works when they will call. I thought you get the call first? Im so confused
Nope still waiting 😩 have you heard anything ?

Same, I’m still waiting 😭
Reply 32
Anyone applied for north/east London?
Reply 33
I applied for SE London and I have been put on the reserve last week !! Has anyone else recently been put on reserve for SE London or recently been used from it ?

Hopefully we don’t have to wait too much longer I guess the bank holiday hasn’t helped hopefully we hear by end of the week
Hopefully we don’t have to wait too much longer I guess the bank holiday hasn’t helped hopefully we hear by end of the week

TWO bank holidays to be exact :biggrin: but yes you're right that's something that will cause delay.
Everything I've read on the internet seems to suggest a timeframe of about 1 week onwards to hear back so shouldn't be too long now
Original post by jessie97
TWO bank holidays to be exact :biggrin: but yes you're right that's something that will cause delay.
Everything I've read on the internet seems to suggest a timeframe of about 1 week onwards to hear back so shouldn't be too long now

Yes that plus a weekend 😂 got us in limbo

My second one I applied for has changed to say the same message as “thank you for the interview you will hear soon with the outcome where as before it said about I had applied for another so guess they’ve done something lol
Reply 38
Original post by Bellxdonna
Hi guys ive got an email yesterday saying theyve given me an offer and location is leeds he was meant to call me to confirm it all but hasnt yet does anyone know how it works when they will call. I thought you get the call first? Im so confused

Not sure as I am still waiting to hear back but Congratulations!!!
Reply 39
Original post by LB23732
Anyone applied for north/east London?

Yh, I did. Have you heard back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending