The Student Room Group

Does looks really matter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LordFarquaad
This is a strawman nobody said it's everything. But it's very important and looks really do matter. That answers the OP.

Wannabevetnurse said it...post #11.
Reply 21
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
I said people overlook personality for good looks, most of the time.

No, you didn't; you said "Looks are like the no1 thing in a relationship. Most people say "personality is more important" but that's the most cap thing ever."
looks don't matter, they literally mean nothing
Original post by LordFarquaad
5'3'' fat guy with acne and 10 million things in common if you want.

That'd be a friend not a lover for virtually all women except maybe DeVito's wife.

You are so cynical Mr LordFarquaad!!
5'3 fat guy with acne...😅😂🤣
Original post by kitapizza28
Who's Jason Momoa?

You are not the only one who doesn't know... I am older than you and I have never heard of this guy.
they both matter, but personality is a lot more important, so don't worry.
Original post by Creativesilence
In my opinion personality is important but most guys theses days go by looks more
Bf I'm with atm doesn't care about looks and says what's inside is what matters

But what do you ya'll think coz atm im feelin too ugly for this love and relationship ****

For me they both matter the same
Original post by Surnia
So you'd be happy in a relationship with someone good-looking, but who has a vile personality and nothing in common with you?

Well done here!!!

You have just described me precisely!!!
Original post by Qxi.xli
they both matter, but personality is a lot more important, so don't worry.

Who says that? You?
Original post by Lucifer323
Who says that? You?

yeah me
Reply 30
Surprisingly I would say attractiveness is ~50:50 appearance and personality. However appearance makes the most powerful initial impression
Original post by the_pharaoh
For me they both matter the same

So if you are in a nightclub you will go ask a girl about her personality and whether she has a good understanding of astronomy and biology?
Original post by Qxi.xli
yeah me

Why is personality more important?
Why is personality more important?

I thought this was obvious but ok I'll explain..

If you're spending your whole life with someone, you do more than look at them lol.
Looks fade, Personality doesn't.
In my opinion personality is important but most guys theses days go by looks more

But what do you ya'll think coz atm im feelin too ugly for this love and relationship ****

i am a guy and i admittedly go on looks BUT importantly, i prefer girls/women who look a bit interesting rather than perfect, which just comes across as generic
Original post by Qxi.xli
I thought this was obvious but ok I'll explain..

If you're spending your whole life with someone, you do more than look at them lol.
Looks fade, Personality doesn't.

I thought here they are talking about first impressions and when you get to know someone. Not when years have passed and you are already in a relationship or married with kids. In that respect you are right.
So if you are in a nightclub you will go ask a girl about her personality and whether she has a good understanding of astronomy and biology?

Ok firstly im never gonna be at a nightclub

But no I'll approach the girl based on her looks then once we start talking if I don't like her personality I won't take it further
if someone loves you, they won’t care what you look like. and if they do to the point where they won’t be with you bc of it, they probably werent worth it anyways

looks do not matter
the tre beaty is on the inside
and i go for personality
and if they feel like looks matter i dont go for them
Looks definitely do matter, especially for women it seems anyway, less so for men. Men are easy compared to women.

I rarely see a really hot women with an average looking guy (unless the man has a lot of money/fame), but often see very good looking guys with average looking women.

It is also true however that the value of looks within a relationship fades a fair bit over time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending