zainabxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where I could look for a job for the summer. I’m in year 11 right now and once this academic year has ended I would like to start working. I’ve tried looking online, there’s not many vacancies for a 16 year old with no GCSES yet 😭 I’m so desperate, I really want to work in the summer. Any help would be throughly appreciated

Thank youuu
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by zainabxxx)
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where I could look for a job for the summer. I’m in year 11 right now and once this academic year has ended I would like to start working. I’ve tried looking online, there’s not many vacancies for a 16 year old with no GCSES yet 😭 I’m so desperate, I really want to work in the summer. Any help would be throughly appreciated

Thank youuu
Quite a few places might not take you until the end of June/beginning of July time when you "officially" finish school. But you can start applying now.
You might get more luck if you apply for regular part time jobs, that you can carry on after the summer alongside your studies, rather than just a summer job.
Try shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cafes, restaurants, local tourist attractions etc etc etc.
www.indeed.com is good.
Also look at the careers section on companies own websites. Some companies like Tesco, McDonald's etc require you to apply through their website.
McDonald's take on a lot of students as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.49%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (74)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.75%

Watched Threads