The Student Room Group

For the lads (ladies can join in too)

Does hair style matter for ladies, natural, frizz, thick, long, short, huge, ponytail, donut bun?

For me i think when a women is natural but is tidy and has a neat donut hair bun all tucked an neat, i find that attractive regardless of anything else, for example, jorja smith, she is all natural but you can tell looks after herself and is very attractive as shes neat, must just be me but what are your thoughts guys?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm a straight girl so I can't really answer in terms of s*xual attraction or anything, but I think that a girl's hair makes a HUGE difference to their appearance. Like when I'm having a bad hair day it doesn't matter how nice my face, makeup, outfit is, I will feel ugly all day. But when my hair is good, I feel good :cool:

I think that thick, voluminous hair is the nicest.
Original post by chloenix
I'm a straight girl so I can't really answer in terms of s*xual attraction or anything, but I think that a girl's hair makes a HUGE difference to their appearance. Like when I'm having a bad hair day it doesn't matter how nice my face, makeup, outfit is, I will feel ugly all day. But when my hair is good, I feel good :cool:

I think that thick, voluminous hair is the nicest.

I do agree with you, im a lad and for me i need to wash it everyday whether its short or long but i think it makes me more confident, also i do agree with you 100%
Original post by Panicwarrior
I do agree with you, im a lad and for me i need to wash it everyday whether its short or long but i think it makes me more confident, also i do agree with you 100%

Yeah exactly, I think hair makes a huge difference, on boys too. I've developed whole crushes on boys when they get different haircuts hahah
Original post by chloenix
Yeah exactly, I think hair makes a huge difference, on boys too. I've developed whole crushes on boys when they get different haircuts hahah

Well to be fair, as i said i find women with donut buns attractive as a part of me tells me that the women looks after herself, so i guess its what ever you find attractive in someone but i do agree that hair does have a big part of making people attract to each other so your not alone! :biggrin:
Does hair style matter for ladies, natural, frizz, thick, long, short, huge, ponytail, donut bun?

For me i think when a women is natural but is tidy and has a neat donut hair bun all tucked an neat, i find that attractive regardless of anything else, for example, jorja smith, she is all natural but you can tell looks after herself and is very attractive as shes neat, must just be me but what are your thoughts guys?

Yes. The way you look on the outside shows what’s on the inside to an extent.

If two people go to an interview, one woman has straight hair but the other has an Afro, the woman with straight hair is more likely to be chosen because she looks more “professional”. This is so silly and micro aggressive but that’s how the world works unfortunately.

Don’t judge someone based on how their hair looks, judge them based on what they bring to the table lol. You shouldn’t be judging anyone anyway! Who are we to judge?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by chelsea.uri
Yes. The way you look on the outside shows what’s on the inside to an extent.

If two people go to an interview, one woman has straight hair but the other has an Afro, the woman with straight hair is more likely to be chosen because she looks more “professional”. This is so silly and micro aggressive but that’s how the world works unfortunately

I disagree with that statement, you could also have a women with afro who is completely self aware and tidy, i think afro on women are hot too as it takes dedication and commitment to get it how it is, and i support every women/man who has a afro, also you a interviewer cannot dismiss a interview based on hair as it could be discriminatory. You could always have a women/man afro who are actually professional as they embrace there heritage! So i strongly disagree with your statement.
I disagree with that statement, you could also have a women with afro who is completely self aware and tidy, i think afro on women are hot too as it takes dedication and commitment to get it how it is, and i support every women/man who has a afro, also you a interviewer cannot dismiss a interview based on hair as it could be discriminatory. You could always have a women/man afro who are actually professional as they embrace there heritage! So i strongly disagree with your statement.

Looool it’s not that hard to have an Afro just grow your hair out you’re making this thread more dramatic than it needs to be

I also said that’s discrimination so why are you disagreeing with me based on that?

Before you make a “counter attack” please read my post 😂
(edited 3 years ago)
Looool it’s not that hard to have an Afro just grow your hair out you’re making this thread more dramatic than it needs to be

I also said that’s discrimination so why are you disagreeing with me based on that?

Before you make a “counter attack” please read my post 😂

I agree with what you said though which is why I said that shouldn’t be the case

Just read lol

Thread was more about opinions and less of a thread to discriminate against others, nothing dramatic here...
Thread was more about opinions and less of a thread to discriminate against others, nothing dramatic here...

Ok
Edited accordingly

Of course yes, I’m more inclined to choose a woman with short or medium hair than long straggly hair
(edited 3 years ago)
And I’ve given my opinion lol
This thread isn’t

I prefer to have my hair in braids or wear a wig
This thread isn’t

I prefer to have my hair in braids or wear a wig

Ok awesome, with wigs is there like certain types you prefer or does it depend on the mood etc.
Original post by Smeraldettoi
Of course yes, I’m more inclined to choose a woman with short or medium hair than long straggly hair

I agree, beauty always comes naturally, not sure about you but i always think women who looks after herself is always attractive.
I agree, beauty always comes naturally, not sure about you but i always think women who looks after herself is always attractive.

Absolutely; it’s not even about make up but even Italian lesbians are skinnier than British ones which is why my gf is Italian lol
I am a heterosexual lonely wolf. 🐺💔
Notice how it's mainly females answering the thread. Yes it does matter, OP. I agree with what ------ said.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Smeraldettoi
Absolutely; it’s not even about make up but even Italian lesbians are skinnier than British ones which is why my gf is Italian lol

Lol i agree, make up doesn’t do beauty justice, its all about natural and natural maintenance and i’m not bothered about size/weight if you look after yourself your neat tidy and smile everyday, then your hot in my books. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest