The Student Room Group

Third year uni and I’m so behind and depressed help

Final year student and extremely stressed out

I’m a final year student and because I’m very behind I’m even more stressed out . I have been depressed with no motivation and no friends to help me get through these tough times. I have a dissertation and assignments that I need to start working on. I have an extension where I can submit my work by August , is that enough to get everything done ??. I have no motivation nor hope , I’m going to get started regardless but I feel defeated already . If you’ve done your work last minute and managed to get good marks let me know please because I’m struggling and my mental health is at a low point.
Original post by Hannahzx
Final year student and extremely stressed out

I’m a final year student and because I’m very behind I’m even more stressed out . I have been depressed with no motivation and no friends to help me get through these tough times. I have a dissertation and assignments that I need to start working on. I have an extension where I can submit my work by August , is that enough to get everything done ??. I have no motivation nor hope , I’m going to get started regardless but I feel defeated already . If you’ve done your work last minute and managed to get good marks let me know please because I’m struggling and my mental health is at a low point.

Hi @Hannahzx

If you have got an extension to August, and you start now, you have more than enough time to complete your dissertation and assessments, in fact, I am doing my own postgrad dissertation in the same time (not because I've delayed it, that's just the time frame that we have).

My advice is to plan hard, and power through. Plan your time for the day, what you need to do when you need to get it done by etc. Use the calendar on your phone if that helps to plan. A Gantt Chart may even help as well.

Motivation is hard and I'm sorry to hear that your struggling, perhaps seeking some support from wellbeing teams at your university may help?

The light at the end of the tunnel is insight and your so close, you can do it. Plan, work hard and the reward will be worth it in the end. It may mean a few late nights, and lots of hard work, but it will be worth it.

Good luck and all the best,
Cat, York St John University Student Ambassador
Ok, lets eat this elephant in small mouthfuls. Firstly, how many assignments do you have? Where are you on the dissertation front?
Original post by mike23mike
Ok, lets eat this elephant in small mouthfuls. Firstly, how many assignments do you have? Where are you on the dissertation front?

I have 4 assignments and I’m literally just starting my dissertation now
Original post by Hannahzx
I have 4 assignments and I’m literally just starting my dissertation now

OK I guess with your dissertation ou have until august to submit so put that on the back burner. Which assignment is due in first? what is the assignment?

Quick Reply

Latest