The Student Room Group

The Barista guy update, please help

OK. So the P barista guy I used to have a crush on is showing interest? (Im not writing the full name of the cafe chain just in case but we all know which one starts with a P)

So last week, he saw me without a mask a couple of times outside the cafe (they have glass panes so everything is visible). He started staring at me a lot. He would make lot of eye contact which I had no idea how to react to. So I usually either stared back or looked away.
He would constantly keep looking into my eyes lol. Then one time, I was getting popcorn and there were 3 guys on the tills, all free. This guy was on the last till. The moment I queued up to go to the guy in front of me, he started waving at me to come over.
Stupidly I went over to him instead of the one at the front.
He continued the staring and wished me good day.

Now this week, he's gotten really talkative. He did the hey how are you yesterday.

Today, he was there again and he and his team members were unpacking waterbottles etc.
I queued up to for placing an order and a girl was on the till. The moment I came over to the counter, he also came over next to his colleague at the till and was looking at me.

Stupidly, I waved at him and he asked me how I was and I asked him back. He said he was good and I went like good to hear he was doing good. I explained how I have to study etc and he was also like the situation outside is not good.

His colleague who was taking my order was listening but didn't talk.

I gave my order and went over to wait for my drink. He came over and stared again then gave me my drink and wished me have a good day , see you.
I did the same.

Lol so what does this mean????

Scroll to see replies

Maybe he is interested in you, and wants to get to know you?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe he is interested in you, and wants to get to know you?

Really??? Omg
Reply 3
OK. So the P barista guy I used to have a crush on is showing interest? (Im not writing the full name of the cafe chain just in case but we all know which one starts with a P)

So last week, he saw me without a mask a couple of times outside the cafe (they have glass panes so everything is visible). He started staring at me a lot. He would make lot of eye contact which I had no idea how to react to. So I usually either stared back or looked away.
He would constantly keep looking into my eyes lol. Then one time, I was getting popcorn and there were 3 guys on the tills, all free. This guy was on the last till. The moment I queued up to go to the guy in front of me, he started waving at me to come over.

Now this week, he's gotten really talkative. He did the hey how are you yesterday.

Today, he was there again and he and his team members were unpacking waterbottles etc.
I queued up to for placing an order and a girl was on the till. The moment I came over to the counter, he also came over next to his colleague at the till and was looking at me.

Stupidly, I waved at him and he asked me how I was and I asked him back. He said he was good and I went like good to hear he was doing good. I explained how I have to study etc and he was also like the situation outside is not good.

I gave my order and went over to wait for my drink. He came over and stared again then gave me my drink and wished me have a good day , see you.
I did the same.

just ask him out already.

I'm a guy and no guy ever looks at me like that when i go to shops ...which means it's probably something to do with you being female, aka he probably likes you

I did the same.

I swear you just made the thread because you want to hear that he likes you.
Reply 5
Original post by ANM775
just ask him out already.

I'm a guy and no guy ever looks at me like that when i go to shops ...which means it's probably something to do with you being female, aka he probably likes you

But how can I ask him out?
Reply 6
Lol no?? I'm not sure I he actually wants something or is casually flirting?
Reply 7
Original post by sufys12
I swear you just made the thread because you want to hear that he likes you.

No. I want to know how to react to him now or is he actually interested or simply flirting??

Just do it. If he says no, then he says no.
Is this like the 6th thread on this
If you want him so bad just ask him out already or make comments about his appearance idk

There's no way to be sure other than by asking him. But I kinda doubt a barista would just casually flirt with customers if he wasn't actually interested.
Original post by sufys12
Just do it. If he says no, then he says no.

No dude. I study near to the cafe and have to go in everyday to get drinks. I can't do it and make things awkward.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
There's no way to be sure other than by asking him. But I kinda doubt a barista would just casually flirt with customers if he wasn't actually interested.

But I ve seen threads and people say how their baristas or cashiers would flirt with them??
No dude. I study near to the cafe and have to go in everyday to get drinks. I can't do it and make things awkward.

Then stop making threads and don't do it. End of.

Anyone else can serve you, I don't see how this would make things awkward.

what was the point of this then pls lmao
Original post by idk__21
what was the point of this then pls lmao

I want to know if he's simply flirting to pass time or likes me?? Lol
Original post by sufys12
Then stop making threads and don't do it. End of.

Anyone else can serve you, I don't see how this would make things awkward.

Yes the girl was serving me today but he came over to the till, stood next to her and began looking nand chatting
I want to know if he's simply flirting to pass time or likes me?? Lol

maybe he does like you but then again how many other girl customers is he staring at too LOOL men are trash x
Original post by idk__21
maybe he does like you but then again how many other girl customers is he staring at too LOOL men are trash x

True. That's the thing. I know he talks to another girl but I don't know if he was doing the same to her. That's why I'm asking if he actually does like me or flirts with all women lol.

He's also Spanish I think as he wears a badge with the flag of Spain and talks in Spanish a lot. Has a pretty heavy accent which sounds cute lol. But I'm also wondering how will we talk if he actually does ask me out lmao
True. That's the thing. I know he talks to another girl but I don't know if he was doing the same to her. That's why I'm asking if he actually does like me or flirts with all women lol.

He's also Spanish I think as he wears a badge with the flag of Spain and talks in Spanish a lot. Has a pretty heavy accent which sounds cute lol. But I'm also wondering how will we talk if he actually does ask me out lmao

Here

Quick Reply

Latest