The Student Room Group

HMRC HO/O Compliance Caseworker Applicants

Has anyone here applied for the roles under the recent campaigns (ended 15/03 and 23/03)? How long does it usually take for candidates to be invited to interview or otherwise be informed about being placed on a waiting list?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigEazy
Has anyone here applied for the roles under the recent campaigns (ended 15/03 and 23/03)? How long does it usually take for candidates to be invited to interview or otherwise be informed about being placed on a waiting list?

Hi, I got notified on the 25th that I hadn't been invited to interview due to the number of candidates and their subsequent raising of the situational judgement pass mark but they said they've kept my application in the holding pool for 12 months because I passed the verbal and numerical tests.
Reply 2
Original post by Reddy5001
Hi, I got notified on the 25th that I hadn't been invited to interview due to the number of candidates and their subsequent raising of the situational judgement pass mark but they said they've kept my application in the holding pool for 12 months because I passed the verbal and numerical tests.

Hi Reddy5001, thanks for your response. Which campaign did you apply for? I applied for the one ended 15/03 as well as the one ended 23/03 and I haven’t yet received responses.

Has anyone else received an interview invite within 12 months of being placed on the holding pool? How long did you have to wait?
Original post by BigEazy
Hi Reddy5001, thanks for your response. Which campaign did you apply for? I applied for the one ended 15/03 as well as the one ended 23/03 and I haven’t yet received responses.

Has anyone else received an interview invite within 12 months of being placed on the holding pool? How long did you have to wait?

Hi, I've just had a look on my civil service jobs and the campaign I applied for ended on the 01/03 and I received a response on the 25/03 so they do take a while which is sadly common across the civil service.

I didn't see the campaigns on the 15/03 and 23/03 maybe this was because of the location.

As for the holding pool, I'm not holding out much hope about being invited for interview due to the sheer number of applicants at the moment but I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I get invited to interview and how long it took.

Also, they said that they would be constantly reviewing the holding pool list in merit order so who knows what could happen.
Reply 4
Hi, I've just had a look on my civil service jobs and the campaign I applied for ended on the 01/03 and I received a response on the 25/03 so they do take a while which is sadly common across the civil service.

I didn't see the campaigns on the 15/03 and 23/03 maybe this was because of the location.

As for the holding pool, I'm not holding out much hope about being invited for interview due to the sheer number of applicants at the moment but I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I get invited to interview and how long it took.

Also, they said that they would be constantly reviewing the holding pool list in merit order so who knows what could happen.

Thanks for pointing out the closing date of the campaign you applied for. This somewhat tempers my expectations in regard to how long one has to wait. All the best and I hope you get an interview invite soon enough.
Original post by BigEazy
Thanks for pointing out the closing date of the campaign you applied for. This somewhat tempers my expectations in regard to how long one has to wait. All the best and I hope you get an interview invite soon enough.

Thanks, I hope so too and I hope you get invited to interview. The civil service usually take a while at every stage of the process as I had to wait 5 weeks to be notified whether or not I'd passed interviews for jobs so I wouldn't expect a quick reply at any stage of the process. All the best and good luck!
Hiya

I have received an email for HO compliance campaigns and projects in Leeds which ended on 15th March and received an email today saying that all applicants who passed the online tests have been placed in a holding pool for up to 12 months don't know what it means
Original post by qadir1984
Hiya

I have received an email for HO compliance campaigns and projects in Leeds which ended on 15th March and received an email today saying that all applicants who passed the online tests have been placed in a holding pool for up to 12 months don't know what it means

Hi,

I hate to break it to you but from experience if they say you've been put in a holding pool then you unfortunately haven't been invited to interview but they could invite you at any time over the next 12 months based on your test scores and if there are jobs still available. In the meantime I would advise looking for other jobs and good luck.
Hi,

I hate to break it to you but from experience if they say you've been put in a holding pool then you unfortunately haven't been invited to interview but they could invite you at any time over the next 12 months based on your test scores and if there are jobs still available. In the meantime I would advise looking for other jobs and good luck.

Thanks for your response I also thought the same. Have you been ever placed in a hiding pool before
Hiya

That's pretty normal, I've done Leeds / Manchester and Birmingham and had the same for all three. It hasn't mentioned the pass mark specifically so my guess would be that no-one has been invited to any interview yet, for example they may just not have got to a point where they can schedule the interviews and therefore how many slots they have. These are general recruitment campaigns so it's not like there's an urgent position that needs filling, these are the sausage factory posts to bring new people into the grades so it could take a while.
Hi, I applied for the campaign which ended 23 Feb, was invited to interview about 3 and a half weeks ago and had my interview yesterday. The job advert said there were 30 positions available. Perhaps they're seeing how many people they place from this campaign before the send out invites for the later campaigns
Guess they are just getting a list of potential candidates so that when they need to fill any sideways movements or gaps they can do a quick recruit....hoping we get a call before the 12 months is up.....i applied for leeds and got the holding pool email like someone earlier also.....does anyone have an interview for this HO position??
Reply 12
Hiya

I received a similar email this afternoon. Hopefully we’ll receive interview invites relatively soon. All the best
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Laguerita
Hi, I applied for the campaign which ended 23 Feb, was invited to interview about 3 and a half weeks ago and had my interview yesterday. The job advert said there were 30 positions available. Perhaps they're seeing how many people they place from this campaign before the send out invites for the later campaigns

How did your interview go? All the best
Original post by BigEazy
How did your interview go? All the best

Thank you! I feel like it went ok, but I'll just have to wait and see. The behaviours part was straightforward enough, I just hope I expressed myself well enough with the strengths :smile:
How are the strengths put forward to you? Never done that style before. Do you remember what they asked you?
Thanks for your response I also thought the same. Have you been ever placed in a hiding pool before

It's ok, I'm currently in a holding pool for the next 12 months for a HMRC caseworker job but apart from this it's my first time in a holding pool.
Original post by Zach8989
How are the strengths put forward to you? Never done that style before. Do you remember what they asked you?

The strengths were just simple questions about what your thoughts are on something or how you would handle a certain situation. I don't think it would be fair for me to tell you the questions I was asked as not everybody will have had that advantage, including myself, and in any event these forums are monitored for that sort of thing.

There was a practice question where I just had to talk briefly about something I enjoy so that they could gauge my engagement and also give me an idea of how long I had to answer each question. That was not marked so I don't think there would be an issue in sharing that.

All I would say is have a look at the online guides relating to strengths so that you know what sort or thing they cover, and just try to answer naturally.
Original post by Laguerita
The strengths were just simple questions about what your thoughts are on something or how you would handle a certain situation. I don't think it would be fair for me to tell you the questions I was asked as not everybody will have had that advantage, including myself, and in any event these forums are monitored for that sort of thing.

There was a practice question where I just had to talk briefly about something I enjoy so that they could gauge my engagement and also give me an idea of how long I had to answer each question. That was not marked so I don't think there would be an issue in sharing that.

All I would say is have a look at the online guides relating to strengths so that you know what sort or thing they cover, and just try to answer naturally.

No i'm sorry i just wanted an idea, i didn't want exactly what was asked. just an idea as never had a strength based interview before. ? but thanks for your info, it has made it a bit clearer.
Original post by Zach8989
Guess they are just getting a list of potential candidates so that when they need to fill any sideways movements or gaps they can do a quick recruit....hoping we get a call before the 12 months is up.....i applied for leeds and got the holding pool email like someone earlier also.....does anyone have an interview for this HO position??

It sounds very much to me like everyone has had the same email and then they'll start offering interviews depending on where they want to set the bar... probably just a top % will be invited to start with, which could be different depending on the scores received per location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending